I fall asleep on the couch.....

sometimes - like when work was super stressful and i just relax my eyes during tv....well my dh will leave me there! I get upset that he doesn't wake me up to go to bed! Sometimes he covers me up and then I get really mad - like he wants me there on the couch! He says well you shouldn't "rest" your eyes cuz you know your going to fall asleep. TRUE....but stilll.....do you fall asleep on the couch and get left there? Do you get upset?

brypmom

Asked by brypmom at 11:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• If it upsets you that he leaves you asleep on the couch - ask him wake you up when he goes to bed so you can go to bed with him. And then if he does so - don't get upset with him (I don't know if you do or not, but it would be something that would stop him from waking you in the first place.) Also realize that he loves you and thus wants you to get your rest.
    yolin_star

Answer by yolin_star at 12:08 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My guess is you also get pissed when he wakes you. Can't win when you live with someone so easily angered.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• lol its not his responsibility to put you to bed
    Anonymous

• Mine doesn't leave me there. But what he will do is wake me up when I doze. That pisses me off because, well, I just get pissed when I'm dozing and get woken up like that. But, I let him nap. Neither of us lets the other sleep on the couch *except* when I just cannot get him to wake up to come to bed. He has gotten really nasty with me a few times. But he wasn't really awake, and does not remember doing it. If he's really that tired, I leave him there, but feel bad.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I have the opposite problem...my SO will fall asleep and I dont wanna go to bed without him but sometimes he sleeps better in his chair. He has gotten away from it. When he falls asleep I will wake him or when he dozes I will say, hey u ready for bed? and then we go to bed. It hurts my feelings when i cant get him to wake up.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 12:19 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I don't get upset because I realize that he doesn't want to wake me back up if I am already asleep.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• yess my SO wakes me up to come to bed with him...i mean there has been a few times that i have stood there but for the same reason he dont want to wake me up if i have had a long tiring day taking care of our daughter...so i understand and dont get upset....
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 11:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• It seems like he's being nice though, you're putting too much thought into it. If you don't like it just go to bed when you start getting sleepy.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• hmmm...tough one. But i think most moms get tired and do doze off. And of you want him to wake you up and have told him he should do that. Im sorry you feel he wants to go to bed without you. i might just think that too if i were you. tell him again! :)
    christinawillis

Answer by christinawillis at 12:02 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• When I fall asleep on the couch I tell him to leave me there cause I am too tired to move.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 12:03 AM on Apr. 9, 2011