Does this scare change your mind?

even tho it seems that we might be ok does this change your spending habit or how you view your future?

for me it made me realize that this could happen at any time and we really need to plan for out futures so how about you?

amberpaiz

Asked by amberpaiz at 12:02 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes we should all be prepared - but sometimes that just can't happen when you get set back in life. A death, a divorce, etc. But in the last few years I have gotten pretty diligent about buying in bulk and cutting spending - as things get more expensive and we both got laid off at the same time and i unfortunately didn't get my old job back (company closed)...had to take a job with a large pay cut. So trying to get back on track - but also realizing there was alot of spending we did that was sooooo unnecessary.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 12:09 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• This didn't scare me. People actually paying money to see a coke-head, alocholic, prostitute, maniac actor offend them on stage in front of a sold out audience scares me. It scares me that people can bitch and bitch about the economy but will still pay to see dumb sh*t like that. And they wonder why the country is in peril. Because you keep feeding the trolls instead of feeding your family!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• It doesn't change anything for us. We can barely put food in our cabinets now. Hard to prepare for the future when you have no means by which to do it with.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:36 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• We have a saving and we have food storage. We are prepared for anhyting and most people should really be more prepared.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• We have always been the type of people who "saved for a rainy day," long before we met, married and had children (and in that order). We planned everything about our lives, made wise choices (albeit not always the "fun" choice!) and prioritized what we wanted out of life. As a result we are in a healthy financial situation and are prepared to weather any storm--including having plenty of self-sustaining provisions and skills on hand!

Unfortunately, the majority of financial problems people have (and no one wants to hear) is they didn't put off their immediate gratifications, before they were truly in a position to handle them--they instead out the proverbial "cart before the horse."
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:16 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Yes, I do wonder about what our future holds for all of us. Saving money is easier for some, but nor everyone. The people that have limited income already are going to hurt the most. It's hard to cut back when prices are going sky high.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:19 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i completely agree with anon the fact that people are spending money on someone who so obviously needs help is ridiculous. And yes i agree that it is hard to put money back when you live paycheck to paycheck we are a family of six and we have been trying to put money back here and there but it always seems like something comes up. right now my son is in a behavioral faicilty b/c he REALLY needs help and our insurance is about to run out and it's gonna cost about $1000 a day to keep him there. We cannot even come close to afford that so he will have to come home when the insurane runs out and he is really not ready to come home and this doesn't even count how much it's gonna cost us in all the new medicine he's gonna need.
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 11:44 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Gone are the days that parents are responsible for their own offspring,yes there are problems everywhere,and it is hard,but alot of the problems today is there are no parents anymore just folks wanting for themselves,i am not talking about you or any one else i am stating that if parents kept better watch and were role models perhaps we would not have the problems we do today.It seems to be a problem that could be stopped at the source.I was not a perfect parent by no means,but i made sure mine were not out with the wrong crowd,and was very responsible for all they did until they were adults.I did not tolerate any bad behavior,as i was raised to respect and learn from my mistakes.My kids still know to this day i' m there for them good times and bad.Raising kids is hard no doubt but it can be done.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:31 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i did not mean that he was in a behavioral place for bad behavior i just didn't want my business put al out there b/c this has been really hard on me he has ADHD or so we thought and they have readiagnosed him with bypolar schizephrenia (sp?) so it was nothing that he did wrong although to hear his school talk about it they would paint a different picture. .I just mentioned it b/c it's a expense that we will not be able to afford and he is getting the best help he can and we are learning so much about it and it may have to be cut short due to funds!!
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• What is this? We are paying off our bills and saving even more since 2008. You really have to. People who live paycheck to paycheck are likely to go under if they haven't already
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2011