Light or dark color for fair skin?

I have fair skin and green eyes. I've heard several people say that lighter hair colors look better on lighter skin. My hair is naturally really dark and I've went light before and it makes me look washed out and is completely unflattering on me. In yalls opinion, what hair color would look best on me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Hard to say without a photo.
    I say go for the hair color YOU want.
    Beauty is about sticking to what you love.
    Being true to your own wishes.
    Who cares what other people think, it's not their hair!!
    kazmia

Answer by kazmia at 12:18 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I think natural colors tend to look best, because...well, they're what you're supposed to look like. The fairness of the skin doesn't always matter as much as the undertones of the skin when matching hair color and make-up.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:16 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I'm a natural blond, but I haven't seen it since I was 14 because it washes me out as well. I have super fair skin and light hair looks HORRIBLE on me. Sometimes, dark hair looks WAY better on fair skin. I would say that darker would probably look best on you, since you think it washes you out.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:17 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• For color that complements YOU, I normally go by skin tone(beige, yellow, pink) and eye color, and a little personality. Not so much darkness or lightness of the skin.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:35 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• natural
    BSumm3rs

Answer by BSumm3rs at 1:21 AM on Apr. 9, 2011