What do you know joe?

ok ladies it has come to my attention that there are several ideas about birth and what really happens...but how often do we ask the men about it?
i have asked two men that i know and these where their responses
1-"why bother to learn{talking about going natural} anything when you'll forget it at the moment?"
2-" what is there to know about it its all about push push push."

so ladies how does this make you feel?
does anyone have a good way to talk with your SO and get them to understand...ive tried books and tv shoes arent helping either...are all guys pretty much this mind set?

bamamommy2009

Asked by bamamommy2009 at 12:21 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My husband was the same exact way. He refused to read the pregnancy books with me because "he has always hated reading" and shows and movies about pregnancy were out of the question because "other people being pregnant freaks him out". Once we got in the delivery room and he saw just how serious it was he did his best to take cues from my mom and sister as to what he could do to encourage and help me through it. The 2nd time around he still refused to take part in any books, shows, or movies but he was a little more open to what I had to say. A couple times I thought I caught him hiding behind me trying to sneak a peek at my preggo movies/shows but he swore he was just walking past and wasn't interested in that stuff. Lol silly men!
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 12:59 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• They won't really understand because they will never experience it but I will tell you one thing after my husband saw me going thru all the stages of labor and saw his son being born and all the pain I went thru he definitely gets it now and he told me that he has this newfound respect and admiration and love for me for being so strong because he doesn't know how he would handle something like that.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:36 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• They will never experience it so I think they could care less honestly lol
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:38 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i am hoping for the same from my husband and figured that him seeing our baby born would be the most clear way for him to understand,but i was just wondering if anyone else had incountered the same issues and could fix them before the birth?
    bamamommy2009

Comment by bamamommy2009 (original poster) at 12:39 AM on Apr. 9, 2011