Was i wrong?

I wanted to get my haircut today, so instead of going my normal salon, i went to the one my husband goes to. i was hesitant at first but i didnt think that it would be so bad. I asked her to make sure i have enough to where i can do spikes and i wanted to keep bang. Let me tell you what this heffa did.. instead of what i ask for she gave me what She thought i would like instead. She cut my hair so so short its babrely enough left on my head. and she cut my bang too short. She said that i looked like i would like something from ATL salon. Um no ma'am, we are in mississippi. I am not confrontational unless pushed really hard., but i wanted to scream at her but the words wouldnt come out. I hate it, I look like a dude. I went to the store and got something to fix it up some, but it still bothers me.
ok now.. my husband loves it the way she cut it, but not me. so he is all mad because i went to the store to try and fix my hair. i cant do anthing about the length but i wanted to do something. He was going on about that i never listen to his oppinon. I told him flat out I listen and respect your oppinon, but your acting like i have to be on board with every single one.He told me he never wants me to ask for his oppinion on anything ever again. Now there may be times that i listened , followed my own advice but then realized his was a little better, but thats how you learn. Has you ever had that type of argument? how was it resolved.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• I didn't have an argument but I recently had a hairdresser do the same thing to me. I was in such shock she whacked off all my hair I couldn't speak. She kept telling me her way was better! NO, it's not. I hate short hair on me. I was livid. It's just wrong to do something other than what a customer asks for.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:27 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• IMO I'd be pissed... but I am VERY anal about my hair! I haven't had this problem with my SO but I'd be mad
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:28 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I would definately go back and complain!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:29 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i feel like he shouldn't get mad because i want to make look better for me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:30 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• you are right. I would be so mad! I have very long hair and I wanna get it cut just a little but now I am terrified. lol.
    BSumm3rs

Answer by BSumm3rs at 12:31 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I wouldn't trust the same salon to "fix" your hair. It might make it worse. But I would learn from this that you need to verify several times exactly what length you want and always expect them to cut at least 3 inches higher than where you point. So, in other words, learn to point to a longer length.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:40 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• There are some things that your SO's opinion matters on: the name of your baby, where you all live, even what's for dinner. But when it comes to your hair, your opinion is really the only one that matters. If you don't like it, it doesn't really matter if anyone else does. It's your hair, and you have to be comfortable with it. He needs to understand that.

As for the hairdresser...wow. I don't even know how you should deal with her. I'd probably be sitting in jail if I'd had one do that to me.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:53 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• No, you are not wrong. If you're unhappy with your hair, you should either go back and complain to the hairdresser or try to fix it as you are doing. Your husband's remark is childish; he's hearing what he wants to hear. You told him you're not happy with his stylist nor the result. You told him you respect his opinion, but you agree to disagree, right? The he interprets it to mean that all of his opinions don't matter to you. This is why so many relationships are so @#% up. People hear what they want to hear; no one listens. I have these kinds of "discussions" all the time around here. I know what I'm talking about; I see my psychologist regularly. Otherwise, my family would have me believe I'm crazy or lying half the time when it's the other way around. Sounds like you've learned a lesson; stick with your own stylist the next time. Don't let your hair get you upset, it'll grow back. Work on communication!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:22 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Thanks ladies. I fixed it last night and after a change of clothes and a little make-up, i am starting to accept it. yes it will grow back, but unti then,l i will have to deal. i do respect his oppinion it just fustrates when he thinks that i should go along with everything. i have my own mind and oppinions. we dont have to agree all the time.. just try and not let it cost us our time. i will see what happens after today.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:41 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I'd just tell him that it's not that his opinion doesn't matter, but that you, yourself, don't like the haircut and it's your appearance to worry about.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 10:27 AM on Apr. 9, 2011