NEED to VENT!!!!! Crazy MIL!!!!

I can barely stand my mil and she lives in another state than we do Thank Heavens!!! However she has been planning and extended "trip" to visit w/ us for a month or 2 which I was not happy about at all but have decided to just deal with it after constant fighting with my SO over it but tonight she texts me and asks me if her boyfriend can come with her? She has only known him for like a week and I don not want some stranger in my house and she has horrible taste in men. he is prob a alcoholic or dead beat! How should I handle this lady's?

BSumm3rs

Asked by BSumm3rs at 12:28 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• It's YOUR house, your rules!! I know some like to test their limits-not cool. I have stORIES lol. Now when my MIL comes over I grab a bottle of wine and make myself comfy. And then I go to bed early and let my husband stay up to talk to her lol.
    Mrs_Doll

Answer by Mrs_Doll at 1:41 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• my mom had a bf RIGHT after my dad passed. i freaked out...but didnt say anything. she wanted him to stay with my little sis place to visit and she said NO!! she then asked me and i told her no also. I dont blame u for not wanting a stranger in your home. He might be great but i wouldnt wanna find out the opposite the hard way what your husband think?? ugh good luck!
    christinawillis

Answer by christinawillis at 12:34 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• ugh, he thinks i am judging his mom and not loving her or giving her a chance to be happy... I am so irritated!
    BSumm3rs

Comment by BSumm3rs (original poster) at 1:10 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Tell her you are not comfortable with a stranger being around your children for a month.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 2:58 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Tell her she can come but that they'll have to stay in a hotel. Similar thing happened to me and she resisted it but I stood my ground and won.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• tell her its no room
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 9:37 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I do not even deal with mine she is so out there
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Just be a diplomatic on your MIL or either relay to her that you had an important appointment to deal on.
    Sew-sun

Answer by Sew-sun at 10:03 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• well by telling her she just cant take some body that she meet in a week you do not know who he is and you do not know if he is married she has to test him out frist for at least a year to see if he is the right man for her just tell her she will understand you will see well stay close to god
    marivel718

Answer by marivel718 at 2:27 PM on Apr. 13, 2011