Being induced in the morning, any advice?

Im being induced in the morning this is my first baby, Im kinda freaking out. Any advice? What to expect?

ArmyWife112908

Asked by ArmyWife112908 at 8:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Relax and get a good nights sleep! Congrats!!!
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I was induced. They will give you potosin to start contractions. Just because you are induced does not mean your baby will jump right out lol. I had a normal 12 hour labor with the induction. I was induced with my 2nd. I went into normal labor with first. I do notice that the contractions come on stronger with the help of potosin. But other than that there was no difference. It was a wonderful birth. Of course I had a epideral because i chose that lol. Good luck and much love to you and yours.
    leeleesboys

Answer by leeleesboys at 8:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• A long wait! I went in to be induced with my first at 11am, wasnt induced till aorund 1pm. It took forever for them to get it going, then its still a wait once the process is started, till you get into labor. I had my Baby at 8:39pm, so it was pretty quick. Other than that there were no complications for me or anything to worry about..Good Luck and this is sooo exciting!
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 8:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• definetly relax, I was induced and I heard horror stories one after another about being induced DON'T listen to them, birth is such an amazing experience. Congrats to your family
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 8:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• btw not always do they give you pitocin, I was induced with a little pill that they put into my cervix I don't know the correct spelling but it was pronouced side-a-tec
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 8:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Rest as much as you can and don't forget to hydrate. Congrats on your baby.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• yes i agree with southerncharmes relax and get a good night sleep. I had to be induced with my son. and i was really nervous to so nervous the nurse that was putting in my iv freaked me out so bad i ended up throwing up. so dont worry it will be all over before you know it. good luck and congrates.
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• get an epideral if you want, i was induced with my second and they started the meds at 9:30am and by 12:45pm that same afternoon we had a baby girl.....yes the contractions were stronger than with my first that was all natural so that is why I say get an epideral if the pain becomes too much to bare
    Anonymous

• Bring your own pillow from home!!! I brought mine and it made ALL of the difference. I was induced and it still took three days for the baby to come. Just relax as much as possible. CONGRATS!!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2008