Do u believe in capital punishment ? why / why not ?

scissor

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 12:49 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• If you mean the death penalty...ABSOLUTELY!

EYE FOR AN EYE!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Because I believe in "eye for an eye" when it comes to heinous, pre-meditated crimes.

I just wish the appeals process could be eliminated when one is sentenced to death.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:01 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Nope, because I think life is prison is a better punishment. I want the criminal to live with his pain and regret for the rest of his life.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:54 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i think that if one hurt my kids or any kid for that matter than yes i do belive in it
    mama2305

Answer by mama2305 at 1:01 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i believe if people did something so horrid that got them the capital punishment, they should instead rot in solitary confinement with the guilt and regret of what they did!
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 1:18 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I kind of do/did, until I read the John Grisham book 'The Innocent Man' about two guys who almost were put to death for a crime they didn't commit (it was a true story by the way). It makes me think how many other innocent people were killed for crimes they didn't commit. The guilty without a doubt 'caught in the act' people, yeah, I think it's reasonable.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:35 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I agree with Nanixh. I believe the person should get a fair trial, but if there is real evidence (not circumstantial crap), then yes, I agree with the death penalty. Many people who are in prison for life don't regret what they did, they regret getting caught...and they wind up running gangs in prison.
    Criminals made their choice...and if they are found guilty of a heinous crime, they should be eliminated from society. And I would dare to say that murder shouldn't be the only capital offense. I believe if you are a repeat rapist, child molester, or murderer, the death penalty should be enforced.

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:22 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• "An eye for an eye until we're all blind" GHANDI
    CHarlan

Answer by CHarlan at 2:58 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• If you can PERSONALLY kill someone for the crime they have commited...you can say yes. If the person is willing to reap the "guilt" or "satisfation" themselves, then that should be up to whomever ,the survivor, the pain was inflicted upons decision.
    CHarlan

Answer by CHarlan at 3:06 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Generally, I'm against it, though I have been on the fence about it over the years. I understand the emotional appeal, especially in horrific cases. So, I would like to see it abolished, but I wouldn't consider it a deal breaker issue if a candidate was pro-death penalty but I agreed with them on most other issues. At a minimum, I prefer that it's only used for horrific, multiple murder cases (and not all murder cases), because I think that would reduce the risk that they make a mistake in who they convicted.

I'm against it because it violates a basic human right to life, because MURDER is never justified--even if the state does it, it doesn't actually deter crime, and even the risk of killing one innocent person is too high IMO. Some people on death row were later cleared when new evidence was presented. The biggest thing to me is that the risk of killing ONE innocent person is just too high--you can't take it back.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:06 AM on Apr. 9, 2011