Making ornaments for grandparents

Hi My DD is 6 months old so she wont be helping to make ornaments this year :) does anyone have a good idea on how to make a special ornaments for the grandparents? Its their first christmas as grandparents and i didnt want to just buy one. Thanks!

emilysmom401

Asked by emilysmom401 at 8:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Put her hand print on an ornament.
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 9:04 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• 6 months is going to be tough to get a good handprint. Go for the foot. Best bet is to use a pint brish and paint the foot then stamp it. They have a place here ( I cannot think of the name) wher you can paint ceramica and the will bake them. That would be cute and would last. Or you could buy a can of that stuff to make imprints of thier feet/hands. Half it and do a hand print AND a foot print ornament! Ooh OOH!!! I might DO that too!!!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Uhhh yah check out my plaster gone bad pic, that was trying to get a hand print but the foot came out perfect! or you could just make a picture ornament of her at walmart or something. Grandparents love pictures.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 2:49 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• How about stained glass ornaments? I'm going to be making some of those this year. If you don't know how you can check out my group, Stained Glass Obsession. I'm providing instructions for small, easy projects that make good holiday gifts...ornaments coming soon.

FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 8:41 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Crayola has an airdry clay that can be shaped into matching shapes and then press a childs hand into it. Each child can decorate with glitter, sequins, etc their own shape, staying away fom the print itself. Poke a hole through the top for a ribbon to hang it with. The best thing about this clay is that it dry to a very lightweight ornament.
    GMOTM

Answer by GMOTM at 7:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i have a book called magic bubble memory keepsakes you should lokk for it online it was givin to me so i'm not sure where they sell it. probably at any craft store in your area. it has alot of ideas in it.
    lilybug524

Answer by lilybug524 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Best thing to do is put a photo of your new baby on one. There are many ways to do it. A cute was is to take some type of container lid, use paper or tape randomly to decorate it, stain it to set it, and glue on a picture.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2008