How many Know the truth behind Christmas??

Do you know the history behing Christmas? If you do and are Christain why do you still celebrate? I know alot of "Christains who wont do Halloween because it is pagan and evil yet they celebrate Christmas. Make no sense to me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Holidays

• I know the truth. I don't celebrate it. I'm Christian. Everyone gets on me about it. Real nice christian attitude, huh?
    Anonymous

• I am a born again Christian and I celebrate BOTH Halloween and Christmas. I don't celebrate the devil part of Halloween (my kids Catholic school also celebrates Halloween). Christmas, we celebrate giving: God gave His Son to us, we give gifts in remembrance and thanks for that. My children ALL believe in Santa - the giver of gifts to children to help them understand God giving the greatest gift: His Son!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• For the love of goodness gracious! another "prove your a good christian" question. I am christian and I am with the PP. I'm not ignorant which is why I can enjoy the good parts of a holiday without FREAKING OUT over the negative aspects that come from centuries ago!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I understand the giving part but do you really believe that God wants us to have any part with pagan things He says light has no part with Darkness so do you really think that this is what God wants or is it what makes man feel good? Also where in the Biblle does it say to celebrate Jesus birthday? It doesn't. time and time again God was unhappy with the isrealites for mixing the holy things with the unholy so I don't understand how Christains think that this is what pleases God
    Anonymous

• It has nothing to do with proving anything I could care less I just want to understand the hypocrisy
    Halloween= Bad where Christmas =good just because someone decieded that this is the day to celbrate Jesus birth and mixes it with pagan rituals that most don't even know it they believe that christmas is a Christain holiday and it is Not
    Anonymous

• I don't think that God cares about the actual DAY that we celebrate the birth of His Son. I feel He is happy that we do indeed celebrate Jesus' birth. When do YOU celebrate the birth of Christ? Don't tell me "every day". I want to know when you actually gather as a family and CELEBRATE the birth of Christ. What you are referring to is OLD TESTAMENT - Jesus came to save us from OT rituals. Let's really honor God and live by the NEW TESTAMENT. I think that it is sad that you feel the law of God [OT] and not the love of God [NT]. I pray that His love will permeate your life and help you see the truth of love and forgiveness and not the laws which Jesus' death overcame for us all.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 8:06 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Where in the NT does God say to celerbrate Jesus B-day? If Jesus came to do away with the the law then why did he celebrate the feast of the bible? This is how I honor God by keeping the comandments am I perfect NO but I do not beleive that God wants us to particapate in Pagan rituals he said to be in the world but not of the world and trust me I know and understand the LOVE of God and forgivness and to assume that I don't is kind of silly just becasue I celebrate the feast and NOT christmas Does not mean that I am a legalist I just choose not to mix The things of God with pagan things
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• The fact that you are hiding behind the Anon button proves that you are denying Jesus just as Peter did. God wants us to show our faith - not hide about it! Show yourself and then we'll debate this. If you are so right and I am so wrong then show yourself and quit being a hypocrite!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 12:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Here's my take on it. I AM a Pagan, and I know it was originally a Pagan holiday, so it's alright for me to celebrate Yule. However it has also become a cultural holiday to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, and why not? The Jews celebrate Hannukah, African Americans celebrate Kwanzaa, and other cultures have other celebrations in the middle of winter. Why not? Celebrating the holiday season is not just a religous thing, it is open to all--nobody OWNS it. Celebrations are about fun, love, laughter, family, sharing and affirming life. Enjoy them. Whatever deity you worship or don't worship will not frown on you for being happy.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:39 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Last time I checked, none of you were God. So let each person celebrate what they want, when they way and respect them for that. A good Christian should be tolerant. Intolerance breeds hate and hate is where the problem lies.  They will face God when the time is right and that is there business, again, not yours. 

Anonymous