Panic Attack

I'm pregnant w my 1st (18 weeks) & a lady came into my work w a 1 week old baby. I saw the baby thinking,'I'm gonna have one of my own!' My heart was pounding, eyes watering. I stepped away & practiced my breathing to calm down. Is this some form of normal?

shynu

Asked by shynu at 1:11 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Its normal I had the same thing happen to me. you will be ok
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 1:13 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I got so anxious I couldn't tell if I was gonna faint, puke, or both! Once that subsided I got butterflies and got all giddy. I was smiling and giggling uncontrollably for like an hour lol. It hits everyone at different times in different ways. You are very normal! :) Congrats btw!
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 1:19 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I think this a form of anxiety. You are in a time where the responsibilities of motherhood can be overwhelming. Your feelings are understandable. It would be helpful for you to speak to other moms about their experiences. You can also reach out to community resources (e.g. church, health care organizations, etc) to gain understanding about what your expectations are. Don't ignore your response to the baby because this reaction could manifest into other areas where fear may be the culprit. Lastly, it is normal to be anxious during this period. This should subside over time as your pregnancy progresses and the more you reach out to those around you. Hang in there....in the end, you'll have the love of your life. Great cool-down techniques are also online for your convenience.

Fab40Mom71

Answer by Fab40Mom71 at 1:32 AM on Apr. 9, 2011