8 week old sleeping habits

My little girl is about 8 weeks old. Up until a few days ago she was the easiest baby! To go to sleep she would take a binkie, be wrapped up in blanket, and want to be in her little chair. That is what she wanted. She would sleep for hours! Now she has to be held to sleep (except at night) and she seems to be crying a lot more. She is eating plenty, gaining weight, is alert, and seems to be generally happy. Any ideas? Is there some developmental stage that could cause this?

jcsscfam5

Asked by jcsscfam5 at 1:18 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She could be colicky. :( That's rough, my second born was that way. Hold her, wear her, let her sleep next to you. For whatever reason, she is upset and needs your presence right now. The easiest way to do that is get a sling or a baby carrier. She can sleep right in front of you while you get things done or rest yourself. It will pass! I promise. It may be days or months - but things will change and she will soon be in a different phase. Hang in there, give her lots of love, and hold her. It really is the best thing you can do for her.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:26 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Thanks for the reminder and great advice! Sometimes it is hard to stay patient.
    jcsscfam5

Comment by jcsscfam5 (original poster) at 1:29 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Whew! I KNOW that! :) Sometimes you get SO tired of a phase and then it is over and you wish you had it back. On the other hand, I slept ALL night last night - and I think it has been about 2 years since that happened. My alarm clock woke me up!! SO thankful that all my four slept so well and I hope it is a new trend,. :D

P.S. I think everyone needs children to learn REAL patience. Ha ha!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:09 AM on Apr. 10, 2011