I have a 7 week old and I had unprotected sex, I have been feeling really sick and I took a pregnancy test and it was positive is this even possible ????????????????????????

HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• definately.... you are the most fertile after you have a child.... go to the dr and get a blood test...
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:42 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Yes you can get pregnant right after you have a kid. Go in and get a blood test....it could just be that your hormones havnt went down since having the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• It is possible, I would be calling my ob bright and early monday morning.
    Bratch1707

Answer by Bratch1707 at 1:36 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• False positives are more common right after giving birth, however yes it is possible. I'd visit your dr. GL
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 1:36 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My hubby was born 11 short months after his older sister! Everyone teases their parents about not even having the courtesy to wait until they left the hospital to break the doctors orders lol. I would go in for a blood test just to make sure it is a true positive and not just your hormones still coming down from your 7 week old. GL!!
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 1:42 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I was told those hormones drop significantly in your system almost to zero a week or so after having your baby. If you are testing positive for the hormone.. You are prob pregnant again .. I don't know..I would take another test and head to the doctors. Good Luck!
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 7:11 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• You are VERY fertile after giving birth. So yeah......that's why they highly recommend BIRHTCONRTOL or abstinence or some form of protection. Durh. LOL. My condolences to you.

skittle_jitters

Answer by skittle_jitters at 8:57 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i use to think it wasnt but my friend got pregnant 4weeks after having her baby
    mama2305

Answer by mama2305 at 1:36 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• It sure is! My cousin's are 10 months apart.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:37 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• If you had a baby 7 weeks ago, it is also possible that you still have the HCG (pregnancy hormone) circulating in your body. The only way to confirm yay or nay is to have your doctor order a blood test that will measure the amount of the hormone present. Basically, they'll draw your blood one day, then again over the next day or so. If the hormone increases, your pregnant. If it decreases, your not. Oh...and unless you want another baby anytime soon....then....well, you know.
    Fab40Mom71

Answer by Fab40Mom71 at 1:52 AM on Apr. 9, 2011