cough med?

is there anything i can give my 5 month old? shes coughing like crazy and congested. she sounds miserable :(

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 8:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I suggest calling the doctore before giving her anything....my dr had me give him a very smallllllll dose of childrens cough meds. but like I said I'd consult the doctor first to make sure.
    cupcake2lou

Answer by cupcake2lou at 8:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• unfortunately, the only thing you can give her is children's tylenol. you can get babyrub by vicks and put it on her chest before bed. regular vicks vapor rub will work as well, but if you are going to use that, then i would put it on her feet and then put socks on her. i know it sounds weird, but it works. also, a humidifer is a great help.

i hope your girl feels better! :)
    rachelsmommy78

Answer by rachelsmommy78 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• we put a humidifier in our daughter's room and it really helped. If she's been coughing longer than a week, check with a Dr - they'll probably check her for pneumonia and bronchitis . . .
    mnrock

Answer by mnrock at 8:55 PM on Nov. 30, 2008