Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I help sister's children deal with her alcoholism?


Asked by pocmom at 2:08 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Health

Level 17 (3,783 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • You might try alanon meetings with them depending on their ages. be there for them and try to steer them in the right direction to finish their education and make something of themselves. I wish you all the best and am so glad they have you.

    Answer by elizabr at 8:36 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

  • Try get them to speak to someone who can help them like someone who is trained to do so. all you can do is be supportive and remember do not judge

    Answer by itsmummy at 3:59 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

  • I think the best thing you can do is just be supportive and be there for them.

    Answer by tspillane at 7:44 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

  • There are alanon meetings for kids. I know of alateen and there is one for kids too. Educated them on the affects of alcohol and how it affects the entire family, not just the person with the disease of alcoholism. Teach them moderation and responsibility. Don't judge their parents, don't bad mouth the parents. Be there for them for support.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2011