Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Please help

Please help i am at the end of my rope over a year my inlaws came to visit. the first time my kids ever met them and some 0f my children are adults. The kids liked them they stayed for a week then a week later they came back with a u hall truck my husband told them they could stay with us because their other son kicked them out of his house. so they threw out my furniture and put their furniture in my house because their's is nicer. we got kicked out of the house we were renting when the land lord found out they were staying with us so they decided to buy a house and said that we were going to be partners in this house I am the only one working i make just above min wage I have to pay 400 amonth plus pay for internet telephone and cable now they want me to pay most of the elect bill. I had to change jobs because we moved too far away from my old job Now i may be getting fired because the new job is way out of my comfort zone and after 9 wks of training I still can't get the hang of the job so ihave one day to change my intire personality to match this job or out i go. My inlaws treat me like a child they threaten to kick us out if we don't do what they want my 4 year old cries when i go to work because he doesn't want me to go to work my whole life is getting out of hand and i don't know what to do i can't leave because i don't have the money to move out and without a job im really sol I feel like i am supporting 7 people my children my husband and my inlaws Please help


Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • well what you have to do is you and your husband save money and get houses for rent for you and your husband and your kids look it up in the interinet and you will find it fast also look for jobs listings and you will find it belive me you will find it fast and look for god and get closer to him also chrunches will also help you if you need any money for a rent for a house or for apartment you will see everthing is going to be all right for you well this is all god bless you and family

    Answer by marivel718 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

  • If they are threatening to kick you all out all the time, STOP paying their bills and put money into a place of your own... If your DH doesn't want to go with you and the kids, then that's on him. No WAY should your children see people mistreating you!! Stand up for yourself and your children!

    Answer by laird6372 at 2:51 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

  • I think you need to talk to your husband about how out of control it is getting. They are his parents and he needs to be man enough to step up and not let them walk all over you. (no offense meant) Does your husband work too? If not he needs to get out there and find a job! If you can work a minimum wage job to make ends meet so can he. He might not like it but something needs to be done for the sake of your family and your sanity. DH, our children, and I have been living with family for over 2 years now due to his child support payments so I know exactly how you feel. If you don't get this all worked out now though it will continue to get worse until someone breaks. Hopefully your husband and his parents will be mature enough to see what a bad ending this is headed for and compromise on a solution now to avoid that. GL and I'm sorry you're in such a tight spot! Just hang in there!

    Answer by Missalissa86 at 2:18 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

  • sorry to be so blunt.... but what the hell does hubby do??? He needs to get his ass to working as well. You all got kicked out due to THEM LIVING WIH YOU. So MIL needs to chill, if they had enough money to get a house for you all to live with them, then why did they have to stay with you all and get you kicked out???? Thats just BS. Hubby needs to man up. ALL the way around.

    Answer by kkbird at 2:20 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

  • Thank you for your advise the problem with my husband getting a job is he is disabled and waiting for social security to kick in he is on meds and he just keeps his mouth shut for fear of getting kicked out. which is why i also try hard not to blow up at these people for the sake of the kids and my husband. My husband feels guilty or pitty for them because their other two sons disowning them and he is now the only son who cares about them. My husband is also bipolar he takes meds to pacify his anger or depression and his father is bipolar undiagnosed but living with one bipolar it is easy to detect another only his father is worse than he was.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:41 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

  • your husband needs to MAN UP.

    Answer by itsmummy at 4:04 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

  • You needed to put your foot down when they moved into your house the first time. You need to seek counseling and the help of professional agencies to help you find a job that fits so you can prepare to leave your inlaws' house with or without your husband. Trying to keep peace and pacify everyone else is going to catch up with you. You can find plenty of free support groups and you can do it anonymously and secretively since you don't want to end up in the streets. Have you ever tried to "call" them on their threats of throwing you out? I would tell my husband and inlaws just how I feel. If there's love there, they will understand and help you. If not, then you're better off on your own. Respect yourself first and build up trust and confidence that you will find a way to manage. You are worth more than they want to recognize. Do it for your children, as well!

    Answer by rosiemendo at 7:43 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

  • get ur own space

    Answer by smiley745 at 9:25 AM on Apr. 9, 2011