Do you have friends/family who have gotten breast implants?

And if so, do you think it changed them? (Beyond the obviously physical aspect.)

Mrs_Doll

Asked by Mrs_Doll at 2:16 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes. My good friend used to be flat as a pancake, like it literally looked like she had flat pancakes hanging on her chest. She had low self esteem because of it. She took the time to really research implants and doctors in the local area. She found an excellent doctor, and she got implants that were a good size for her body. She's tall, but small frame and she got full B/small C cup, under the muscle so they look more natural. Her self confidence gradually improved. She moved away a few years ago, and when we went to visit her last summer, she was a completely different person. Bubbly and happy, confident. But I think that you have to realize that just having bigger or nicer boobs may not be what you need to be happy.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:22 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• my husband's cousin's ex wife has them. they both agree it's the best $5000 they ever spent.
    notice she's an ex wife, but who knows if that's why or not
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 2:30 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Yes, I have a cousin and an aunt who did and it changed them. Not for the better either. My aunt changed a little bit but nothing like her daughter. My cousin became very stuck up and everything about her. She swore it wouldn't change her but it has for the very negative. Her children have suffered as well. She is more concerned about her looks than spending time with her children. Everything seems to be about her breasts. She gets a lot of negative attention and she sees it as good attention. She was an A cup before so I understand why she wanted them but to be that different has made me and many others not want to be associated with her.
    I have a few other friends who have as well and some changed a bit but not to the point that she has. I guess I can't really relate because I have always had large natural breasts and I try to hide mine more than show them off. I want to be liked for me not my breasts.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 3:13 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• No close friends or family members have gotten them.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 7:46 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Friend had it done in college. Couldn't tell much of a difference. Did nothing for her self-esteem; too many other issues impacting her there - the boobs had nothing to do with it. She lost all feeling in her breasts as a result of the surgery.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My Aunt got them. I'm not sure if they changed her, or if she was always that shallow, but she has since gone on to have loads more work done beyond breast implants.

On the flip side, I have a very good friend who got some. I couldn't say how they changed her because I didn't know her before, but I don't think they impacted her negatively. She's never had any other work done. She's happy, confident, etc.

So I guess it depends upon the person?
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:15 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My SIL (my husband's sister), but I really didn't know her before she got them.

Answer by missanc at 9:26 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My mil, but she's the same snooty witch she's always been. Mine are bigger than hers, and natural! For health reasons, I'm getting a reduction. I will go back to a pretty little c, from a massive and ugly M.. I will change! I'll be back in my old clothes, be able to run, swim, ride a bike, my horse, and play ball with my boys when they're old enough. Feels like my life has been on hold the last 2yrs, my activities are severely limited. I'll go back to being happy, active, energetic, PROPORTIONATE me!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:51 AM on Apr. 9, 2011