Since someone opened up this can of worms.....

I figured I would make a post informing those who are misinformed.

1- Not all people of Hispanic heritage are illegal aliens.

2- Hispanics from Puerto Rico are legal US citizens because Puerto Rico is a commonwealth of the USA.

3- Spanish is a language, but not all of us who speak Spanish are Spanish. Only people from Spain are Spanish.

4- Illegal aliens and immigrants are NOT the same thing.

5- Spanish is the second most common language in the world. English is third.

6- These are all the Spanish speaking countries in the world: Spain, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Uruguay, Paraguay, Chile, Argentina, Equatorial Guinea, Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, Easter Island, Belize.

Meaning: NOT ALL OF US WHO SPEAK SPANISH ARE MEXICAN!

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 2:25 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm sure quite a few people needed the lesson. May I add a few more?

Being Mexican is not a bad thing.

Having Mexican ancestry is not a bad thing.

We are all human, regardless of nationality, race, or beliefs.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 11:19 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Love that the ones who scream the loudest about "learning the native tongue", often can not speak it their self.

Or, should I rephrase that to say...

I thank its funny hown peoples warnt everyone to talk english, but them aint known how to talk it none either.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:14 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Wow. You wannna medal? In american worms don't come in cans.

Wow. You wanna be a little bitchy?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:48 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• So if your country,or countries are so proud of their language heritage,why go to another land and expect everyone to understand you?State offices are hiring spanish speaking people at high dollar salaries so we can communicate,Why not try to make your own homelands better?Take charge of your own lives and make it a better place than just up and leaving it?Seems to me if i were going to live in another place i would learn the language.Just saying.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Actually, it's not in 'american' it would be 'america'. No 'n' is in there in this case. And you can get a can of worms in a bait shop:)
    Besides, this IS an old saying, in 'America'.

You just don't play well with others, do you?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:07 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Obbydobbie, in this day and age, what people speak is more "American" than "English." So that's a good point. The reason I think people should learn English is because they're living in OUR COUNTRY!! When it gets to the point where I'm turned down for a job because I "no speaka the Espanol" it's gone too far!! If I move to Mexico or some other Spanish-speaking country, I'll learn Spanish-same goes if I move to any other country with a different language than English. I'm not even saying they should have to be fluent in English but they need to speak it well enough to get by in public-as in conversational English.

I dont have an issue with people coming into our country legally, but there are too many illegal aliens here. We cant support the entire world-we're in a recession!! The only problem I have with hispanic culture is the aspect of it that has the attitude of "men are princes, they rule the roost, boys get their way
    purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 12:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• You're right, GomezMami.
    I wanted to add also, that when I said illegals, I do mean all of them. Although most of them are hispanic, we have a LOT of asian, african, and middle eastern immigrants in this part of Arizona. I haven't met any immigrant from any of these other countries who will stand in the line at Walmart or the grocery store and insist that they find someone who speaks their language to explain an item to them, though. Seems to be only the Mexican population that does that, and I really think it's a cultural thing. Not all Mexicans are this way, either. It is an attitude that has developed in the border towns. I've met people from other areas of Mexico that are so different than northern Mexicans, it's amazing! Ive also met Mexican immigrant workers when I lived in NC that were the most hard-working, selfless people you'll ever meet.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 8:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Thank you! I freakin hate it when we all get lumped together!
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 2:28 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• GOOD POST!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:32 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• 24/7, women are second to men,& you're an old maid by the time you're 24 if you aren't married. When I was working in the elementary schools and preschools with a lot of these mexican princes that expected to get their way all the time, it got old.

And yes I realize not all hispanics/mexicans are that way but there is a part of that culture that is, and that's what I disagree with.
    purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 12:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2011