Have baby on the brain but have IUD . . . have some symptoms. Anyone else feel/felt like this and you are/were pregnant?

In the past 2 weeks i have gained about 10 pounds even though have been working out, keep thinking about babies and having one and I do have some classic symptoms of early pregnancy; i can also relate them to changes in diet, lifestyle in general, etc. Also, do have a 10-year-old and symptoms are different but yet the same if that makes any sense! Haven't taken a home pregnancy test yet but plan on doing that tomorrow. I'm scared but excited and anxious, etc. . . just a huge ball of hormones right now. Am I just overreacting to my feelings of babies lately or should i take the test and then see my OB regardless? never had this feeling before except when i was pregnant 11 years ago with my daughter. . . .

shytown98

Asked by shytown98 at 2:29 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Can't hurt anything to test and see your OB. If you aren't pregnant now, maybe you should have your IUD removed so you can start TTC. It seems as if you want another one :)
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 2:33 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• you could have a eptopic pregnancy, I would go to the doctor and get tested if anything especially with having an iud
    Bratch1707

Answer by Bratch1707 at 3:06 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• my best friend is currently pregnant with a baby that she got pregnant with on an iud, she had no idea she was pregnant and went to the doctor because her periods werent like they should be and she found out she was 20 weeks pregnant, so you can get pregnant on an iud..lol

are you in a position to have another baby? i think if its something you have been thinking about its worth talking about with your SO. maybe he feels the same way.
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 9:23 AM on Apr. 9, 2011