What does it mean when you get a appeal letter from employment office?

I'm confused to what it means?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• Well what kinda letter did u send to the employment office? Is employment or unemployment?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:45 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I'm not sure of your sitch. Do you have an attorney?If they appeal they might have "legal grounds" I would check your government (state) laws website and find the appropriate laws/documents to file again or askb for another hearing. If you are qualified you should be able to get your benefits, so don't get discouraged they may be just hoping you'll lie down. Keep pressing even without an attorney you can get the documents you need online and fight on your own, if your willing to spend time for research. Good luck sista.
    CHarlan

Answer by CHarlan at 2:50 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Sounds like your claim is being questioned or under review.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:55 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• read it carefully. There is usually a number to call with questions
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:28 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My son got a letter when his unemployment claim was denied (I don't understand since the business closed, but no benefits paid). It informed him that he could appeal the denial. Which he did, and they still denied him because it wasn't filed by Dec. 31, 2010. Oh, did I mention this was in Oct. 2010. We aren't sure how they work their calendar.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• It means that your former employer is attempting to convince the state to deny your unemployment compensation

Answer by rkoloms at 2:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2011