Does anyone else's kid have a lisp from the paci?

my daughter just turned two and is completely attatched to her "pa" (she can even drink with it). she doesn't speak clearly and older members of my family have mentioned it. is she still young enough that it doesn't matter or is talking with that thing in her mouth giving her speech problems?
doctor said not to push getting rid of it because the arrival of baby sister would make her regress as it is.

ilovemymonsterr

Asked by ilovemymonsterr at 2:44 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my kids, any of the 4, never gave up their paci's before age 3 and only the oldest had speech problems but she is autistic and talked fine until she was 2 then it all came to a stop and had to re learn speech.. the other 3 nothing ever got in the way of speech
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:53 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• not sure at all... i took my boys paci at 3 months they were upset for about 3 days and then they forgot about it... i know they reccomend pacis until age 3 but i got frustrated because i have twins and couldnt keep up with them so i winged them off good luck
    19withtwins

Answer by 19withtwins at 6:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2011