Has anyone been let go from a job before? If so why?

I have been recently let go from job so that they can move a teenager in my position. This teenager is always on the phone talking to her boyfriend and she lies. I always came to work on time did what I was asked. But I'm the one that was let go, how does that makes sense.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• They probably pay her less.
    Anonymous

• I guarentee they pay her less! Dont take it personal. They just made a bad choice and they will suffer from it hopefully wayyyyyy more than you do. I hope it doesnt take much for you to find a new job. I hear with this crap economy on average it takes about 1 month for every 10,000 you make to find a job so if at your last job you made 40k it will take you about 4 months to find a job making similar money. I HOPE that is not the case for you....especially right before the holidays...what jackasses. And I hope the job you get pays better! HA! Just to stick it to em'! LOL
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 8:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Once, in my early 20s, I worked at a fast food place. The new manager decided to get rid of all the old timers. One by one we all found ourselves accused of stealing inventory or money, giving away free food. With me, the day of a big event across the street, he scheduled half a crew with all new people. Of course the place fell apart. I got fired.
    More recently, the job I have worked for 22 years, transfered my job to another State. Gave me no options. Have been working temp jobs. They can let you go if they don't like you. Believe me, my last assignment was brutal.
    patipwa6

Answer by patipwa6 at 8:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Thank you LovinEveryDay.
    Anonymous

• Thanks to all of you that responded to this.
    Anonymous

• I lost my job when the program was cancelled.
    I agree it is not you. I've seen it other places, the experienced worker is let go and a lower-paid person is hired, or two part time people because they aren't given benefits. I am sorry about your job I know it hurts. I hope you find something else soon.

Answer by Bmat at 9:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• HAHAHAAHA I have been fired from almost every job I've ever had, a few I quit but mostly fired....I was never good at the whole working thing. I've had maybe three jobs in my whole life that I actually liked and two of those were just temp jobs. Anyway i digress...I agree with the other posters, likely they hired this girl so they could save money on payroll. Try not to take it personal, if you left good terms maybe you could ask them to write you a letter of recommendation to help get a new job
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Most businesses love hiring teens. They can get away with paying less and not have to pay any benefits! Times are tough right now and business are cutting costs as much as possible too!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 9:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• i was not let go, but kept in the bottom ranks because I was pregnant. they were definitely feeling stupid when they brought me up in my last month, and all of my new trainees were selling more items than anyone else.

didn't go back there to work after, no thanks.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• i was in a similar situation. i was opening panera bread up every weekday at 5 am. they knew i was a really great worker and i got pregnant. well without even consulting me first they gave ALL my hours to some new girl that had no experience. i went from 40 hours to 13 hours. i was FURIUOS! and of course since i was prego..i went off on my GM. (thank god he forgived me lol) i actually quit cuz i was so mad and after goin off about it he still didnt give me my hours back. even when i talked to him later about it. i was there everyday opening the store up and i was a great worker. even to this day everytime i go in there they are begging me back. their loss!!! theres no way im goin back. i hate that place.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2008