Quotes that help or have helped you??

So what are some quotes ( they don't have to be famous quotes) they could just be something a friend, therapist or w.e have said to you that help you get through your day, have helped you get through your days in the past or that have helped you make a big life changing decision ? What are the quotes and how did they help you ?

"A child would rather come from a broken home than live in one." This quote from Dr. Phil helped me make the decision to leave my son's father.

"You have your child's whole life to prove to him/her that you are a good mother, not just today."  A therapist said this to me when I was going to her to get help for my postpartum depression. I remind myself of this every single day I wake up. It helps me be the best mother I can be.

"Do the best you can do THAT day and that's all you can expect from yourself." The same therapist said that to me when trying to receive help for my PPD and again, I say that to myself every single day I wake up. It helps me stay sane and be the best mother I can be.  

I believe that any mother that has or have had PPD will understand those last quotes/saying better than most people. ya know ? If I didn't hear them quotes, I don't know where I would be today!!

Thanks for your replies!! Maybe your quotes/saying can help someone now :)

loudnproud87

Asked by loudnproud87 at 3:34 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Health

• One day you will ask me which is more important? my life or yours? I will say mine and you will walk away not knowing that you are my life.
    Kahlil Gibran
    itsmummy

Answer by itsmummy at 4:00 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Fortune favors the brave -Publius Terence

Never let life's hardships disturb you ... no one can avoid problems, not even saints or sages -Nichiren Daishonen

Don't be distracted by criticism. Remember, the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you.

Follow your honest convictions, and stay strong -William Thackeray
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 3:42 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Ismummy - awesome quote !! :)
    loudnproud87

Comment by loudnproud87 (original poster) at 4:06 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• wow I love that @ itsmummy.

"trust in God that you are exactly where you are meant to be"

"everything happens for a reason and if it is meant to be it will happen"

two simple quotes but i find myself telling myself these things over and over again in lifes journey.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 5:44 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• "Life would be Impossible without great friends"

my sister said this to me after a very hard year that her and I both just had. It is so true family is great, but when you move away and they can't be there all the time you need great friends to see you through the hard stuff and to laugh with you when there are good times.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:12 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

JeannieBee

Answer by JeannieBee at 7:35 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Not sure who said it, but "never, never, never give up" and "if it's not alright then it's not the end"
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:43 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Pressure makes diamonds.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 7:46 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• "and she would learn that there was no way to be the perfect mother but a thousand ways to be a good one" was a eye opener to me.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:15 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• "Faith is not believing that God can. It is know that HE WILL"

PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 10:08 AM on Apr. 9, 2011