Concerned Mother

this past summer my 4 year old daughter had either zits or bug bites in both her ears, once the active infection went away holes were left instead of healing normally, the docs dont know what could cause it, does anyone know about a problem like this?

infor2

Asked by infor2 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Health

• It might be that flies laid maggots in her ears. And when they hatched and crawledout/flew away they left holes behind from where they were growing/eating her flesh. Do you have a lot of garbage and flies in your house? Either way, I don't think they can be fixed. But maybe with time they will become smaller and less noticable.
    Anonymous

• Also I forgot to add that spiders can lay eggs under skin too so maybe it was spiders?
    Anonymous

• Are you positive that the holes weren't there previously, and that you just didn't notice them until they became infected? B/c my family has a genetic thing that causes holes like that in or around the ears, and they become infected periodically. They are called eustacian holes, or something to that effect. They aren't really common, but not real rare either. Anyway, the next time you take her to the doctor, have them look closer at the holes, b/c if they are the same as my family, you have to be careful with them b/c they can make getting infections such as meningitis much more common...
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 11:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2008