My son always poo on his back while sitting, is diaper too big or small?

He's 4 and half months and recently started rice cereal, so he sits on high chair, but every time he poo it will go thru to his back. I just recently changed him to size 3 diaper. He weights about 17 lbs and 26'. This happens when he sits On my lap. The diaper is always tight I don't know why theres always blowout

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 4:01 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This happens sometimes to my son to. I don't think it has anything to do with the size of the diaper. I think its because he sitting on it and kind of squishing it up his back.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 4:07 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Change kinds of diapers, I was buying walmart brand and my dd was doing this all the time when I started buying huggies she doesn't have blow outs anymore. sometimes it's worth a little more money and not ruining the clothing, my oldest I could by the cheaper ones no problem but not with my little one lol. Also you might want to bump him back up too a 4 size can effect it too.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 5:19 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• The diaper is always tight I don't know why theres always blowout

that's why =] because they're too tight. switch him back to the size 4, he needs room to poo in his diaper. at least thats what i needed to do for my dd when i kept finding packages outside her package lol
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 6:30 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Its the way you're putting the diaper on make sure that when you're putting the diaper on, his butt meets the crease of the back and the front of the diaper so kind of like if the diapers giving him a wedgie in the front and thats it then strap it but not too tight just tight enough where it wont go anywhere lol its kinda funny because it used to happen to the ladies at my daughters daycare and I explained it to them now it doesn't happen anymore.
    Kaleena8108

Answer by Kaleena8108 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• This happens to my son too especially when he is in his jumperoo
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 2:33 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• No matter what kind of diaper and how I put it on my son does the same thing. I really do think it just squishes up his back when he is sitting up (straight up not reclined) because we have no other leaking problems at any other time.
    admiring_u_14

Answer by admiring_u_14 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 10, 2011