How come god does not answer our prayers when we actually need help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hmmm.. my own personal belief is that He isn't there to make things right, he is there to help you get through whatever you are praying about. Whenever I pray, I pray for the strength to get through whatever I'm praying about or I pray for him to give so & so the strength to get thru whatever I'm praying about for them.

Sometimes I think He may not answer prayers bc He knows we already have what it takes to get through whatever we are praying about and simply because everything happens for a reason. Sometimes we have to help ourselves before he can help us or someone else.

Real question I ask myself sometimes is .. is there even a God ? Are we just all fooling ourselves bc we need someone or something else to believe in to help give us hope ? I pray in hopes that there is a higher power that is there listening and is there to help me.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 4:14 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Because sometimes the answer is NO.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:03 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• because God works in His time...not ours... we are impatient.. and want things done NOW... He is there for us, when we need Him, in the way He sees best for us... it might not be immediate or in the way we would want... but He is there... that's where faith comes into play... if it were easy and obvious, what would be the point? We don't learn anything from having things handed to us.
    goodi2shooz

Answer by goodi2shooz at 7:09 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Just like a parent shouldn't give their kids everything they want, God does not 'give' us everything we want. God has a plan and sometimes what you want isn't in the plan. Things happen for a reason. That reason might not be for you, but for someone else and you are affected by it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:48 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• do you mean, 'why doesn't God (or are you talking about any general god?) answer my prayer/wish according to my will?'?

my first thought is, how do you know he's not..and just giving you more time to figure out the solution yourself? wouldn't that make you stronger and more self-reliant, than to be given everything you want when you want it, like a petulant child?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:15 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Because God answers in HIS time not our time. We might be asking for something we cannot have right then. For instance when my ex and I split I begged God to make our marriage work and begged him to help our marriage be whole again. That prayer was not answered. Thank God. I am remarried to an awesome man who not only is what is best for me, but also had a family who accepted me and showed me so much love I never had before. I now am able to function in a real family, not a dysfunctional one. My mom never loved me unconditionally, it was always with condition. Now I have my husband and his family who love me and the kids unconditionally. If God had answered my prayer I would not have the blessings in my life He had planned for me.

Answer by gemgem at 8:26 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• probably b/c if God answered EVERY prayer no one would ever die and everyone would have simple lives of perfection making it obvious that He was there and eventually God would become equal to a magical genie dolling out wishes. imo prayer is a form a therapy for the soul...a way to get our worries & pains off our backs, kinda like talking to a friend. and while im sure its hard to see it now, but maybe there is a reason for whatever hardship you're going thru, whether it makes you appreciate things you have later in life, or just makes you ask questions like you are now.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:46 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• A few things.. How you ask.. how often have you asked, unbelief, and timing.

When we beg over and over again, it shows we may not truly believe His hand is on the situation. Do you say God I need HELP here or do you say God I believe in the truth of your word and that you will do what you said you wouid do. I believe YOUR promises are YES and AMEN and I believe that it is already done according to your purposes on earth as it is in Heaven. Your will Father not mine! I know You love me and care for my well being and knwo what is best for me and my life right now because YOU see the whole picture and I only see part. I trust you Father in all that you say and will do for YOU are faithful! Thank you , In the name of your son Jesus I pray Amen.

See you are specific, He knows what YOU need but we only need to ASK and believe that we receive it. Try it. Let me know how it goes! :-) Continued!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Because you're not listening, you're just waiting for a miracle. Look for the signs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Religious people will tell you "God always answers your prayers, just sometimes the answer is no."
    Non-religious people might tell you "Because there is no god." or "Because God isn't there to answer our prayers" or something.
    My belief is a mix of the two. I believe in magic, and therefore I must believe in the energy put into prayer. However, I don't believe that it's God answering prayers, I believe that it's the universe responding to energy that's been put out. However, some things just are, and no matter how much energy we put into them, they cannot be changed ...
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 4:33 AM on Apr. 9, 2011