How big is your house and how many kids do you have?

My SO says we need a bigger house before we have anymore kids, our house is 3br 1bath and 1000 square feet I think it's big enough and we could always build another bathroom on for our master br. Granted it is full now because we moved both of our stuff together from two houses but I plan on having a yard sale this spring to get rid of a lot of stuff we don't need or doesn't fit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We have a 2 bedroom/2 bath townhouse. We have 3 kids but all girls so they share a bedroom(our youngest is 13 months so her crib is still in our room). Including the garage its 1900 sq. feet.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 5:52 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Oh yeah I have two kids both still sleep in our room one in our bed the other in her own.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:53 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• We have 4 kids. Our house is a 3 bedroom 2.5 bath house.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 6:05 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• We have 3 boys and each have their own room. Our current house is 6 rooms 4 full baths and 3500sqft. It is very big and more than I can handle at times but it is nice to have so much room. Our fist house 12 years ago was 3rms 4bths 1800sqft and was okay but the 3 little rooms were too small for my boys. Our second home was 5rms 3bths 2700sqft and was my fav but we had to sell and move.

If you like the size of your home then don't upgrade because bigger just means more work all the way around from bigger bills to more cleaning. If I could go back to an apartment I would because life was simpler and we had more money for fun stuff.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 6:11 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i never wanted to live for my house so we live in a 3 BR/ 1 bath house it is about 2000 sq ft and we have 3 kids, 2 boys and 1 girl. Now that the kids are older we are adding a bed room and we really need another bath room. I will not move because although at times we feel like we are climbing on top of each other my children are 14, 12, and 9. We have lived in this house for 7 years and don't owe a lot on it so we are making it work for us.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:08 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• 4 beds, 3 baths, 1700 square feet and 2 kids (with one leaving for university in September).

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:18 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Our house still needs some work.  Right now it basically has 2 bedrooms and a room that should be a playroom.  We sleep in the playroom and gave our 4 kids, 2 boys/2 girls, the actual bedrooms.  We are going to start remodeling this Spring so that we can have our own master bedroom and bathroom.  I hate sharing a bathroom, lol.  I think it's whatever you want.  If you can see how to make it work, that's all that matters.  I've at times thought we need a bigger house but ahhh it's not the end of the world. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 7:27 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Well right now we are in between homes. We just sold our old house and are building our new one so we are renting a townhouse. Our last house was 2700 sq ft 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. The place we are renting is 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms but is smaller than our old house (probably about 1900 sq ft). Our new house will be 4200 sq ft with 4 bedrooms and an office.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:34 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I have a 2 bed/2 bath 1000 square foot apartment, for me and my 3 year old.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 7:50 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• We have 4 kids, and we live in a 3 bed/2.5 bath apartment. It's good-sized, and we're comfortable here. The boys share a room and the girls share a room, and we're happy. I'd love to have another baby right now, but DH isn't on board with the idea, and I'm kinda warming up to the idea of not having to wake up all night long(slowly but surely! lol).
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:01 AM on Apr. 9, 2011