Did your SO every forget to feed your kids?

When I got up this morning he was still up I asked if he feed my daughter before he put her too bed he said I gave her a few thing of string cheese. I told him thats not a meal. I have tons of toddler meals and stuff for her. He said he asked her if she was hungry but she kept saying no she just asked for pink milk...she two she says no to everything but candy and chocolate. It kinda makes me mad that he didn't feed her at all just gave her junk and pediasure all night. I know he means well am I'm glad he watched her so I could sleep but kids need meals not junk. She got up extra early this morning so I made sure she had a good meal to eat.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• String cheese is healthy, but not a meal...Maybe from now on, have something ready for her to eat and tell him to make sure she eats it.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 6:00 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i agree with the above poster, next time have something prepared for her and tell him to give her that. its not your fault or anything but men have to be told everything sometimes =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:23 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• She has garber meals in the cabinet tons of them I just don't understand how hard it is to microwave one lol they can feed themselves (sometime) why can't they share there plate or make something simple even a PBJ would have been okay.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:43 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I agree with the above posts get some ready meals its easier for him and the kids eating kinda healthy
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My husband can be like that with my 1 year old, I think he just doesn't know what to feed him. We have a 5, 3, and 1 year old. He took them all out the other night while I was doing something and was supposed to get them dinner. He bought a kids meal for the 5 and 3 year old and gave the 1 year old some pieces of a bun. That's not enough! But I guess he didn't know what else a 1 year old could eat.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:32 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• He has never forgotten to feed our child, but has slept through her crying and she didn't get up until after I got home from work around noon once. I was very angry at him for this. Our DD would never let you forget to feed her. One of her first words was eat and she would tell you when it was time. Sorry that you are so frustrated, but it probably won't happen again.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:38 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• lol mybella81 thats so something my SO would do if they have teeth they will eat a meal themselves! When me and him got together my daughter was about the same age as ours is now 7 months and he would feed her such huge bites of food I thought she was going to choke sometimes she never did she woofed everything down. I think they need daddy feeding classes lol.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:42 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• honestly my SO hasn't ever forgotten to feed our babies we have a 2 1/2 year old and a 3month old we are very strict when it comes to eating three meals a day and snacks in between that are healthy were not health freaks but we both make sure the kids are feed I'm sorry that it happened to you but like the above posters pull one of those meals out and leave it for him to make
    proudmommy_0811

Answer by proudmommy_0811 at 10:24 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i would have been glad for the help but stressed the importance of a healthy meal.. try to make the food better with spices or ranch or barbecue hopefully she will start eating and if she doesnt try fruit its healthy and sweet so she might like it gl
    19withtwins

Answer by 19withtwins at 6:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2011