How much do you spend on Easter and what do you get?

letlovegrow2524

Asked by letlovegrow2524 at 5:51 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Holidays

• Nothing...we don't celebrate the Easter bunny idea. We just take the kids to church as always and talk about the real reason we celebrate Easter and how Jesus died for our sins. Our church has a Easter party with games and a dinner for the kids so its not like they don't have fun. Same thing with Santa clause, we just celebrate Jesus.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 5:55 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Around $50 on each child. I usually make them a basket that has toys and candy in it. I also get together with friends and do an egg hunt. We stuff plasic eggs with candy, small toys, stickers, tattoos, etc.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:49 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• like $15 a kid. They get a book every year, a couple of things form the dollar store like chalk, bubbles, or whistles, a chocolate bunny and then we hide some eggs with M&M's in them.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:53 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Around $25-40 on each child depending on how much money I have when Easter rolls around. My older kids get less, but they get chocolates and usually a gift card. The smaller kids get an Easter Basket with things in it I choose for them. Oh and of course the Easter outfits. I dont count those in the $ though since I buy the kids their "easter" outfits when I get the Spring wardrobes.

Answer by gemgem at 8:24 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I really don't keep a tally. But she gets little things that fit in her basket. This year, there's a few littlest petshops, some squinkies, a little play dough kit, a giant reese's egg (her favorite), and some peeps. And I'm done. Because if I keep going, it'll get out of hand.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:01 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• So far I got them some toys and dress up stuff my two year old some big crayons and pin wheels she really likes them. I got them spring clothing but those don't count as easter gifts and they each got dresses for spring pictures. Their grandma got dresses two which i think ill put on them for the easter bunny. I thought about going to build a bear and getting them each a stuffy but i'm not sure how much they cost iv never been there before.
    letlovegrow2524

Comment by letlovegrow2524 (original poster) at 9:02 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i spend maybe 20-25 dollars and i get a easter basket, toys, stuffed animal, grass and plastic eggs and treats:)
    susaninman

Answer by susaninman at 9:27 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• about 10$ per kid on the basket , some small token and candy.....then have a bbq and egg hunt (plastic eggs filled with small stuff/candy).....the kids now the meaning of easter the bbq and egg hunt are just a fun way to be with friends and family that day
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:07 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Normally not much. Last night, on a whim, I bought some stuff - for 4 kids I probably spent $50 - but I got them good quality chocolate, I bought Squinkies, and I'm sure I'll buy more when I get to other stores that have different stuff. I like to buy little toys & things that can be used in church on a weekly basis (hence the squinkies), like cute notebooks & pens and stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I've never really counted how much I spend.  Maybe $50-ish? This year, I got him a bike helmet that he needed, and am turning that over and making it the basket, filling it with candy, some small toys he wants, a few books, etc. 

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2011