Do you ever want to go to church but your SO doesn't does that stop you from taking the kids and going anyway?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• @goodi2shooz...I wasn't complaining about him not wanting to go to church on sunday mornings I was just telling what our church schedule is. I never said I even wanted him to go on sunday mornings.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:11 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My husband works night shift on saturday nights so he doesn't get home til about 6am sunday morning. I take the kids to church while he sleeps and then we all go together on sunday nights, wednesdays and thursdays.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 6:06 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• What does it matter how many times a person goes to church or the reason. I'm not worried about my relationship with God or my families I know where were going were good people. My kids are being raised to show respect and be respected. Church is also a lot of peoples social outlet and family time. She shouldn't get bashed because you don't feel it's necessary for someone to be there that much, because you have different beliefs. A lot of people believe you don't go to church you go to hell and thats their God given right too! Her husband works and supports her and obliviously WANTS to go with his family shes not making him. I simply asked if you wanted to go and your husband, boyfriend whatever did not would you still take your kids and go yourself. SO BTW next time if you don't have an answer to a question and just going to bash someone else for something you have no business in excuse my language everyone but fuck off!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:35 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• No it doesnt stop me. I am Catholic and my husband is not. I go and I take my kids with me when I go. Sometimes we dont honestly get up in time but my church holds Mass all week long so I can always go during the week if I miss a day. He has no issue with me taking the kids and I believe in my heart it is what is best for my children.

Answer by gemgem at 8:32 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• It used to stop me for a long time when I was raising my sisters. And he wasn't working Saturdays or nights but a good 7 -3:30 job Monday through Friday. I wanted Sunday to be a fun family time but it never mattered what kind of church it is, he just refuses to go. So now that I have my kids, I go with them on Sundays to my UU fellowship. It's our fun family time but it's his choice not to be included.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:50 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Nope, Sunday mass is an obligation. The only reason not to go is if you are contagious
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:03 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• if you guys are going together on other days, and he works on saturday nites why SHOULD he be expected to go on Sunday? how many days a week do you need to go to church? YOur man is working hard for you, and you should let him sleep... God understands and you should too. It's not as if he doesn't wanna go to church EVER... and btw... going to church isn't gonna get you into heaven or save your soul any faster or better... its about your personal relationship with God.. not how many times you go to church in a week...
    goodi2shooz

Answer by goodi2shooz at 7:05 AM on Apr. 9, 2011