Was this rude or was I just being bitchy?

So, I emailed my teacher:
Is OLE-4 due today? (OLE is an online exam..simple question I thought)
He replies:
Morgan,
You can look up due dates as easily as I can, so go do it or ask other students.
RG
I responded:
I'm sorry. I wasn't expecting a rude response. I thought that perhaps the due date changed b/c we switched some stuff around. I wrote next to 11/30 OLE when we were in class...so I thought I'd ask but I guess I'll go online and look at the same schedule that has been up and get no answer.

Was he being rude or am I just PMS'ing? lol

a_and_j_momma

Asked by a_and_j_momma at 8:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I probably would have been asking him what the point of giving out his email address for help is about if he is just going to be a douchebag. I really would not say that exactly! I would however let him know that I did post in the discussion, check the syllabus, and lastly resorted to emailing. He did not have to be rude. I personally would confront him on the issue the next time I saw him. The best thing he could have done is tell you the due date, then point you in the right direction for future reference. What a dick. Sorry he did that. Perhaps he is just PMSing!
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 9:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• i would not communicate with a teacher/professor like that. i think it's rude on your end.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• No, speaking your mind to a seemingly uncaring teacher. Even if the site was updated she should have simply responded...
    Morgan,
    The OLE is due XX/XX/2008. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask!
    XTeacherX
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 8:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I would not talk to a teacher like that because it can effect your grade, so you were rude.
    Anonymous

• And who is the one PAYING to go there and who is the one GETTING PAID? HMMMMM?!? That is her job!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 8:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• no you where not rude. they where being an azz to you. How long would of it taken to just type when it was due. Sure you could of looked but if you thought it changed then they should of answered your question.
    Anonymous

• The teacher was RUDE!
    Anonymous

• I think you were both being a little rude to each other....But...in your defense ~ he started it...LOL
    If it was something you could have looked on-line for before emailing him then I can kind of understand why he was put out by the communication. Some teachers leave everything
    at school. Then there are some who eat, breath and sleep education and if he's giving out a response like that I'd say he's not the second type of teacher. I don't think I'd ever talk to teacher that way..remember..they hand out the grades. I'd steer clear of any direct contact with him for a bit...JMO
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 8:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I'm sith the teacher, why ask someone to do what you can do yourself.
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 8:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I get questions I think are stupid from students all the time, but you just answer them and/or point them in the right direction...he was very rude to you about it, but yeah, I probably wouldn't have responded like that either, just forwarded the e-mail to his supervisor or something.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 30, 2008