How do you get rid of a ingrown hair.....TMI adult content

down there..and what causes them. And why don't they ever pop!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Health

• It will eventually turn into a zit. When it does, pop it and/or pluck it with tweezers. Until then, leave it alone, or use a hot clean washcloth to help bring it to the surface.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I squeeze them and then pull the hair out when I can see it
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 10:06 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I had a bump there when I was pregnant with my now 6 year old daughter. always just looked like a little bump that would not go away and just a few weeks ago I started messing with it and out cama a hair...amazingly gross! but the bump is gone : )
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I sterilize a straight pin and dig the hair out. I've let them go way too long and end up with a black blood blister, so I dig them out (or DH does it) as soon as I notice them. The get plucked too then. Heals up within a day once the hair's gone!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• ok. I am sure most of us have been shaving since we sould sneak a razor. But let me assure you they are normal, but can cause a type of staph infection which caused me to have to have surgery and a 4 day hospital visit. first try to pluck the hair make sure to clean tweezers. If it starts to get swollen and red and feels like there is fever call your dr.
    up4air

Answer by up4air at 7:19 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• YUP... I do the same thing.
    jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 7:20 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• What if theres not a hair and sometimes they seem so deep?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:37 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i pluck them and if i cant see, DH does it. If there is no hair I use a hot cloth. Sometimes i squeeze, but that hurts like no bodies business!
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 1:07 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I usually try to pull the hair out. But it's hard right now b/c i'm 7 months pregnant and I can't see it to do it. I can feel the darn thing though.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 9:14 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• If it's really "deep" and you don't see a hair, it could be a boil, and you do not want to squeeze it or pop it 'cause then the infection will be in your system. Try a warm compress.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:52 AM on Apr. 12, 2011