Extreme Couponing and coupon fraud?

The show on TLC, Extreme Couponing, has some crazies on it. Are they using coupon fraud to get all those "savings"?

KateShesGreat3

Asked by KateShesGreat3 at 8:54 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Entertainment

• Yes on the show she committed fraud. Here is a good article about it.

http://www.jillcataldo.com/node/16258

Answer by gemgem at 9:06 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Now, not everyone on that show does it. BUT, she does it, teaches it and doesn't care. AND anyone that is fraudulent or buys more than a month or two of stuff or just buys because it's on sale or wipes out whole shelves in one trip....they get on the naughty list in the coupon world.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:10 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I never heard of coupon fraud before...interesting!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:08 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• @mommyH2: That lady uses coupons on the wrong stuff she somehow get's past all of the coupon detectors and does nearly everything wrong to get bunches for free.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:11 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• J'aime the paralegal is NOTORIOUS in the coupon world as EXTREMELY fraudulent. Not everyone advocates that nonsense.

She learned how to coupon through a whack company.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:01 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• There are legitimate ways to save big on with couponing when you go by the rules, but from what little I have seen she is committing fraud.

Cashiers are supposed to check the items with the coupons. The reason is because the barcode on the coupon does not exactly match the barcode on the item. Sometimes the barcode is more for the brand or the company rather than a specific product, therefor allowing someone to use coupons for one product on another as long as it is the same brand if the cashier does not check.

I actually know someone who does stuff like this all the time. They know what cashiers at their store actually check the coupons and which ones do not. She will avoid those that check coupons like the plague.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I have never heard of anything like this, I've heard a-lot about people doing fraud but Coupons.
    mommilita

Answer by mommilita at 9:22 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• @gemgem, good article, thanks!!
    KateShesGreat3

Comment by KateShesGreat3 (original poster) at 9:26 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I've never heard of coupon fraud
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 9:27 AM on Apr. 9, 2011