DH did a crappy job on something that he really didn't want to do....

1st he wanted to TOTALLY demolish our bathroom (yes we have 2 so no big deal of missing out) BUT we DO NOT HAVE $$$$. So I said lets just - for now replace the shower surround.....(we have older home with a cast iron tub) We picked out a surround that you "glue" to exiting walls for less than 100. (part of his plan is to tear out all walls and tub and replacement HE wants is over 1k) soooo....we get it home tear out the old and he is grouching the entire time he's putting up the new.....I notice today - there are glue (construction adhesive) all over the tub...up the wall, the surround is even and the caulking is like 1/2 inch! Besides that getting my goat.............HE WORKS CONSTRUCTION HE HAS DONE THIS BEFORE! I told him prior to this we could start buying the items needed for a remodel bit by bit but I just didn't want a tore up room for months!!! He could have agreed to THAT. So....do your dh's do sloppy work when things aren't what they want?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• nope, because mines knows that if he did a 1/2 ass job on something I would do it myself but most of the time I do things myself since I'm so particular on how I want things but that's just how I am but if he were to do that he would probably get the cold shoulder for the rest of the day but that's just me... just because we've got little kids & his elderly grandfather with us so everything has to be done right
    proudmommy_0811

Answer by proudmommy_0811 at 10:17 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Men do that...or mine likes to work at a snail's pace so I get frustrated and say I'll do it myself. It's their passive agressive way of getting out of the work.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 10:14 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Nope, Mine wouldnt dare do a 1/2 ass job on any home improvement. He knows Ill tear it down and re-do it myself, and no body wants me to do that. Thats really sad he does that for a living and messed it up, seemingly on purpose. Id be asking him WHY he chose to do a crappy job. Make him tell you why.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:51 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I'd do a crappy job on things he wants. He wants meatloaf for dinner? Make it extra dry. You get the point. I do it to my SO when he does stuff on purpose. Like when I'm trying to talk to him about my day and he tunes me out.. I tune him out when he talks about things that are important to him. Sometimes showing him how he made you feel gets the message across better. Works for me.
    anthonys_mom21

Answer by anthonys_mom21 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• get some body that knows what they are doing and pay them like in the store you went to buy they have guy that do that kind of job put you have to pay them to do it is not alot but is better for some one to do it for you so when your husband come from work is already done well this is all get closer to god
    marivel718

Answer by marivel718 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2011