A good, inexpensive white wine....

I am needing a good, inexpensive white wine. I don't want it real dry. I am using it in a recipe but would like to have a glass with dinner.

Also would love a good, inexpensive red wine.

Can anyone help me? What brands? What kinds? My wine expert is on a cruise so I can't call her.

Thanks

palexander

Asked by palexander at 10:00 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Boones farm? Just kidding....I like muscato (sp) I don't like red wines so sorry...
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 10:06 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• If you have a Total Wine store near you, you should definitely check it out. They have any type you can think of as well as a wine bar where you can sample before you buy. They will be able to help you find the perfect wine for you :)
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:07 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Cupcake Brand inexpensive and it's quite yummy. Or ask one of the salespeople at the shop I am sure they can point you in the right direction. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:20 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Adam Puchta wines are delicious, red or white. I'm not sure where you're located but you might want to call and ask around. I have yet to drink a wine of theirs that I don't like. They are also very reasonable in price. If you're looking for something more common at your local grocery store then I would go with a chardonnay in most popular brands.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:37 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• http://www.buzzle.com/articles/types-of-red-wine.html

Here's a good site to help you find the right wine for your taste.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:43 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Thank you so much.

We live in the middle of redneckville oklahoma. We don't have an good wine stores or anything.
    palexander

Comment by palexander (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• do you have a Trader Joes? Get some 2 buck chuck!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I love the Yellowtail Tree Free Chardonnay. It is 6.99 a bottle and really really good, just smooth enough, and great for cooking with. I put it in my wine cream sauce all the time! :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:17 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I love Schmitt Sohne Riesling. It's in a blue bottle with a sunshine on it. Great flavor! It's definitely not a dry wine; it's more moderately sweet.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 10:54 PM on Apr. 11, 2011