Would you quit taking procardia at 35 weeks?

My body wants to give birth and it is so uncomfortable. and it's scary because i have so much pain i don't want to be in labor for days and days and not know it until there is a major problem. my first two children were born healthy at 36 weeks with no need for tubes or NICU. Also going by my LMP i should 38 weeks. He said some people have crazy ovulation and they judge by the ultrasound

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I DID stop taking procardia at 35 weeks with my first son, and ended up having to be induced anyway! To be honest, I wish I never even started taking the "medicine." I was also on terbutaline for a while, and then eventually found out it wasn't even FDA approved to stop pre-term labor AND was linked to causing ADHD in the fetus..
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Personally,no. Generally they take you off in about a week anyway, so why not wait to36 weeks and see what your body does?
    mama02040608

Answer by mama02040608 at 10:14 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Late term ultrasounds are EXTREMELY inaccurate. Did you have one very early on? Typically within the first 8 weeks, u/s are a pretty accurate way of determining gestation. I can't understand why doctors refuse to believe this despite STUDY AFTER STUDY showing this to be true. Heck, I delivered my 1st baby just hours after they told me he was only around 6lbs. HE WAS 7 LBS, 6 OZ.

Do you have longer periods? Were you other babies' due dates based on of your LMP?

If you feel very strongly about it, I would discuss it with your doctor. If you are CERTAIN you're further along, then just tell him that you're going to stop taking it. They can't force you to do anything.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 10:16 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• my first ultrasound was done at 9 weeks but i thought i was 12 ......and i think my LMP was July 12th. my other children's due dates were calculated by LMP, this is a new doctor and they don't go by that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:24 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• oh, and my periods are pretty short i guess......around 4 days
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:26 AM on Apr. 9, 2011