My husband and I (along with our year old twins) are heading to Hawaii next week fo my brothers wedding. What should I bing with me for the kids as this is the first real trip away frrom home.

MaryanneMac

Asked by MaryanneMac at 10:11 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For the airplane, I would get a couple of new toys to entertain them or maybe a portable DVD player with a couple of kiddie DVDs. Something like crayons if they like to color, just small toys. Also, bring something for them to suck on for take off and landing to help their ears, like a bottle/sippy, paci, sucker, etc. For the time that you're there, bring things that are familiar to them--a favorite blanket or stuffed animal.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Oh, also, you may want to make sure that there will be a crib of some kind at the place that you'll be staying. If not, take a pack-n-play. Or, for my last trip, I got a Kidco Peapod and I love it. It's like an inflatable tent for kids and has an inflatable mattress. It can fit up to a 3 year old.  http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3393732 

kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Make sure you have more food/snacks than you think you might need. It is the pits if you get delayed for any reason and do not have enough food for them.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• and have a great time!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• If your Kids like music, try a cd of their favorite kids tunes (if you can stand it) or one of those portable dvd players with their favorite shows on it!
    mika0101

Answer by mika0101 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Have a great time and be safe !
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 2:32 AM on Apr. 10, 2011