Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husbands crown came off

His crown or cap came off a tooth he said he had a root canal done on. We don't have any medical insurance because he just lost his job. He's only been there for a month and a half so our benefits hadn't even kicked in when he was working there. Now we're both unemployed. What can we do? Will dentists do a pay plan or sliding pay scale. What can we do in the mien time so it doesn't bother him before he gets seen.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Health

Answers (6)
  • There is a crown cement you can buy at the pharmacy. If he has the crown It shouldn't cost too much to get it recemented by the dentist, at least not as much as a new crown. Good luck!

    Answer by Bmat at 9:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

  • You can go to the pharmacy and pick up cement for the crown. Actually, the section that has toothbrushes and such will have it. It's a temp. cement but it will hold for awhile till he can afford actual dental care. Do not use super glue! LOL I say that because we had a patient come in that used it while on vacation to hold her crown on and it was a big ole' mess!!


    Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

  • I use the cements stuff - I get it at Wal*Mart. It works really really well and it is cheap - about 2 bucks!! Go get some - he will feel better.

    Answer by Babylove76 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

  • Some dentists might to a pay scale. I can help you save up to 80% at the dentist for your entire family! Stop by my page for more info or send me a message. I work with Ameriplan and we help people obtain affordable dental and medical benefits. I have already helped many families and I can help you too:-)

    Answer by sassyhettel at 11:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

  • Temporarily get the cement. I lost a filling and used it. My filling hasn't moved.

    Answer by OneToughMami at 2:48 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

  • I have over 20 plus years dental experience. First you need to know what caused the crown to come off. It is not uncommon for a root canal tooth to decay under a crown. If that's the cause there will be no pain. Crowns that are not fitted properly will come off - solution - new crown. Last is when the glue used to seat the crown was either bad or not mixed properly.
    Bottom line - you can try and fix it yourself and end up at the dentist with more expenses or you can see a dentist first and have it repaired correctly. Eventually, he'll need to see a dentist, the longer he waits the more expensive it can become.

    Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:59 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.