for people who have late august/early september babies! how bad is it?

we have decided that we will have one more baby. my husband wants a birthday baby, as he was born on his dad's birthday. his birthday is september 5. everyone i know says its completely and totally horrible to be very pregnant during the summer. my son was born in july, and it wasnt all that bad. how bad is it really?
i would like to give him what he wants, but i dont want to die trying. you all survived, right?

jcsmummy

Asked by jcsmummy at 9:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• ha ha funny. heck no i didnt survive. i'm so skinny so the heat doesnt bother me as much and the most i weighed in my pregnancy was 125 and I was miserable, I couldn't sleep, I didn't want to get up or move, it was horrible. All I have to say is if you do get pregnant I hope your husband is there to wait on you
    babygirl9304627

Answer by babygirl9304627 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• well my first was the beginning of august but i was still pregnant in the summer, it really wasn't that bad as far as the heat goes, i got to wear cute summer maternity clothes. I also had my second in the middle of October, again not so bad.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 9:16 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Well, assuming that you have total control over when you conceive . . . I'll just tell you what my doctor said, "Don't get pregnant where you'll go through your last trimester in the summer." I had my guy in December, so I am not sure how bad it would be. Good luck!!
    have2travel

Answer by have2travel at 9:28 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• thanks... i hate being pregnant, i guess the hot summer cant be too much worse than the freezing winter (my first was in january).

i do have pretty good control over when i concieve. its always been the 1st time we try. hubby will be ok with close to his b-day, thinks it would be pretty neat if it was on bday tho.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 9:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I had my babe late august. It wasnt all that bad... Sure its hot and a pain to sleep, but im like that even without being pregnant! lol! I sweated real bad, and was beet red all the time! swollen and yes HOT!!! I had my DH go and buy an airconditioner the second I was too hot to function! I too wore as less clothing as possible, I wore a bikini and a sat in the River to cool down everyday! I drank so much water and put cold wash rags on my feet and face. Where do you live?? I lived in Montana! hot hot hot! Semi-arid desert climate...and being pregnant in August was yea...TOO HOT!! funny, because we are having our second and it will be a summer baby too! july!
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 10:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• i had my DD in late september but in KY summer lasts until then anyway. i survived but you will be hot allll the time. even more then normal when you are prego. hormones, higher blood pressure plus the heat. ugh..
    jltorres87

Answer by jltorres87 at 10:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• My little guy was a mid Sept. baby it didn't get bad til the last month but the last month is always bad no matter what month.....
    Anonymous

• All of mine were end of summer and fall babies. August, September and October. And I agree with anon1107 that the last month is hard no matter what!!!!!

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 1:29 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Eh...it wasn't too bad. I took warm showers often...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:23 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I HAD KIDS IN BOTH AUG AND SEPT AND IT WAS NOT ALL THAT BAD. IF U HAD ONE IN JULY AND WAS FINE AUG AND SEPT AINT REALLY THAT DIFFERENT, YEA U HAVE SOME HOT DAYS BUT REALLY IT WAS NOT THAT BAD. GO FOR IT !!!!!!
    GOOD LUCK............
    shercarico

Answer by shercarico at 4:48 AM on Dec. 1, 2008