who has a great relationship?

So many negative posts right now...
DH and I have a great and loving relationship. We are best friends and lovers. We are not perfect. We can get on each others' nerves. We can be disappointed in each other. We never fight though. We never name call. We never yell. We act like adults. We act like friends. We put our marriage first.
Anyone else have this? Let's hear some good things about our men. Let's not call them idiots (even if we feel they are acting less than great). When we call names and act like we are in high school it is not good for us, our men, or our families.

MY HUSBAND ROCKS!!!

PROGENITOR

Asked by PROGENITOR at 9:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• MY HUSBAND ROCKS MORE THAN YOURS =) hahaha
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I could have written the original post about my husband. He is my best friend and lover. We get on each other's nerves, but we get over it. We never call names. Another rule of arguing is stick to the present subject, don't dredge up old grievances, but if we disagree we don't argue. I usually ask myself is it really worth it to be right, and then just let it go. Sometimes I've been right, sometimes he is. As I mentioned on another thread, being friends first and lovers second really worked for us.

Answer by Bmat at 9:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• well we dont all live the perfect life if he is being a ass I tell him if he is being great I reward him I am just honest and to tell you the truth he says that's what attracted him to me I dont sugar coat anything and always be me honest and real

Anonymous

• I have a wonderful, loving, loyal husband that I love and trust. He is my best friend and we are able to talk about anything and everything. The reason why there are so many negative posts here is because this is where people come to ask questions and get help (often anon). There's no point in asking a question in the relationships category when things are going well. What would they say "DH is always telling me the truth and treating me with respect, what should I do?"

Not trying to be snarky, just making an observation.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• MINE TOO! I'D MARRY HIM ALL OVER AGAIN;LOVE HIM TO PIECES. I KNOW IT SOUNDS CORNY BUT HE'S TRULY THE GREATEST. HE'S MY BEST FRIEND, LOVER, VERY CONSIDERATE, COMPASSIONATE & AN ALL AROUND GREAT GUY. ...AND I AM VERY GRATEFUL FOR HIM.
    Bellafleurs

Answer by Bellafleurs at 9:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• My SO and I have a tumultuous relationship but that is what makes it work for us. The adrenaline rush from some of the disagreements bring about such passion that it's worth it. If I thought he meant it when he named called I'd be upset but he does it bc he knows it is a turn on for me so don't misunderstand what others go through. Sometimes it sounds odd but dyfunctional relationships work too. If they were as bad as some make it sound they wouldn't stay. Most just vent and say angry things during a moment of mental anguish and dont' really mean what they are saying. They stay bc there is more positive than negative.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• MINE TOO! He is so giving, so sincere, so REAL! Couldnt ask for a better man, friend and daddy to my kids!
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 9:34 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• My Husband & I are definitely buddies & my best friend. We respect one another & even talk to one another with respect in hopes that are children learn to be respectful too. We work together & make our family main priority. I'm lucky to have someone that loves me as much as I do him.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 9:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Your words sound like my own. Although we do not always see eye to eye we love one another and act like adults. We do not yell or name call, we work through our problems like we are the most important people to one another.
    HappyHomeMommy

Answer by HappyHomeMommy at 10:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• my husband is my best friend. we have a great life together and a great marriage. i think he is going to be a great father. we get angry at eachother but we work thru it and try to spend special time together
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2008