Meanings of dreams

My dad is very sick he has cancer and they told him he is going to die in a month about to weeks ago he is still eating great but he can no longer stand very well because he can barley feel his feet i guess this is part of his dieing process well anyways i had a dream last night that he was downstairs in the kitchen walking around angry at myhusband for taking his car which hasnt happened lol and when i woke up this morning i shared that with everyone and my sister said she had a simialr drea that he was down stairs perfectly fine. He is in his upstairs bedroom and hasnt been able to come downstairs what do you think our dream means is it just us wishing in our sleep that he gets better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Dreams are your sub conscious way of dealing with real life. Perhaps it's just you all wanting him to be ok and that your sub conscious are thinking he may be upset with you all over who gets h is car?? Sometimes dreams are JUST dreams.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:42 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I think occasionally we can pick up on subtle things when we're sleeping. For instance, last Saturday i dreamed all night that my mother died, it was an awful dream. When i called her Sunday Morning, i found out that she had been in the hospital all day & had to spend the night there. She is OK though. She is not going to die. But, i do think i was picking up on the fact that she was not well that day.

I do also think dreams can be a reflection of our emotions. And i also think that some dreams are just dreams. There is no real way to decipher what your dreams mean. Since we're so different from each other, i don't believe that without psychic ability, that we can really interpret what someone else dreams. The average person has no way of tapping into that persons subconscious.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:49 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Dreams can sometimes mean more than just simply a dream, but most of the time, it is our way of dealing with things that are too tough to deal with while awake.
    RISE_N_SHINE

Answer by RISE_N_SHINE at 2:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Could be. Check out dreammoods.com , maybe that can shed some light on it
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 2:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Dreams can mean many many things. I know I have dreams that come true!! It could mean that your dad will get better ? Or it could just be that you and your sister are extremely bothered by the fact that he can't walk with ease anymore. Did he used to hang out in the kitchen a lot ? take care
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Sounds like someone (probably dad or your perception of dad) has unfinished business and feels frustrated at being unable to tie those lose ends without needing help (from spouse). It can make a man feel less of a man to see a younger, able-bodied one, go about with their day while an ailing one sees all the things passes by the younger one, unappreciated. But hey, this is just my take on it.
    domesticrecluse

Answer by domesticrecluse at 11:35 PM on Apr. 18, 2011