If your child begged for something to eat that you dont normally give them and you give in and then they dont want to it they want something else would you give them the other thing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No to both
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:45 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• no. i cook what i cook. if i cook something they want and they change their mind, i don't go cook it. they either eat it, or go hungry,....at least until the next meal
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Nope. My daughter does this ALOT. Wants something, I give it to her, wants something else. I've almost broken the annoying cycle by just saying, "If your hungry, here is what you can have to eat. If you don't want this, then you must not be THAT hungry." and everytime she says, "I'm HUNGRY!!" I offer her the snack/meal she didn't eat before. Eventually she eats it.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• No, and no.

They eat what I give them. Period. Begging in our house is a bad behavior, is not tolerated, and earns you the exact opposite of what you want.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:51 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Nope! In my house you get what you asked for and if you change your mind and don't want it, sorry about your luck, if you are hungry you will eat what you asked for the first time.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I make her eat some of it. If she comes to me in an hour telling me she is hungry again, i tell her too bad she needs to wait for supper. then I'll offer her what she didn't eat earlier.

It's not that big of a deal in my house though, she has not pulled that in years.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:52 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Mine are always looking for "whats next"...it drives me nuts. The doctors call them both underweight, so I don't typically have a problem letting them eat, but you eat what is in front of you before you even think about asking for something else.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:53 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• They either eat what I give them, or they dont eat anything, this goes for snacks and meal times. I will ask sometimes what they want for snack, they know not to ask for anything else though, so its never been an issue in our house, theres no use begging for something else when you know the answer will be no.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 11:04 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• No...I wouldn't have given in the first time.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:17 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Nope....I never have and never will. They eat what I give them and luckily, they've never complained. My kids even love their veggies!
    bingogurl

Answer by bingogurl at 11:32 AM on Apr. 9, 2011