Is green tea ok to sweeten with Honey?

I like the way it tastes, but I don't know that it's better than sugar?? I am seriously going to lose weight real soon.

MexTexmom2

Asked by MexTexmom2 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm not sure if it's "better" either since I usually sweeten with both lol ~BUMP~
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 10:58 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I wouldn't say better, but as long as you are using like a teaspoon or less and only having 1 cup with it a day it's not going to ruin your weight loss journey!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Try using Agave nector. It's better for you if you're going to use honey...
    Mrsorr

Answer by Mrsorr at 2:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• agave nectar really spikes your blood glucose levels, it's not healthier or better at all, in fact it can lead to insulin resistance which can lead to pre-diabetes and diabetes....diabetics are told to NOT use it. When the sap is taken from the agave plant and processed for consumption it's actually called: hydrolyzed high fructose inulin syrup...just another of many highly processed sugars on the market.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• It's probably better to use the honey.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 11:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2011