What is PCOS....and does anyone else have it???

I have been diagnose with PCOS, yesterday, they called and said that my blood work came back positive for this...I have heard of it, but what is it, and does anyone have this...does it hurt...need some info please...i am so scared.....thanks

mommylee21

Asked by mommylee21 at 7:57 AM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Health

• PCOS is something I was almost diagnosed with. I was supposed to go for a hormone test to be sure I had it but didn't because I couldn't get anyone to babysit that day. I never resecheduled. *shrugs*

Here's a website that is really informative. It'll explain things better than I can.
    http://www.4woman.gov/FAQ/pcos.htm
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:51 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• It stands for PolyCycstic Ovarian Syndrome. It causes pain for some people. www.pcosupport.org
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 10, 2008