My 4 year old still wets the bed at night what could be the problem?

She also uses the bathroom every few min

asha81

Asked by asha81 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Many differrent things. try not giving him anything to drink about an hr before bed time. once hes been a sleep for a few hrs wake him up and make him go pee. Do this a few times and Im pretty sure the bed wetting will for sure cut back. Wish you luck!
    Mrs.Vidrio

Answer by Mrs.Vidrio at 11:06 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• When you find the answer let me know. My 4 year old daughter is the EXACT same way. I do cut it down by cutting liquids off an hr before bed and making her potty before hand. She sometimes will wake and go potty but other times she'll wake in the middle of the night wet...
    Momto3619

Answer by Momto3619 at 11:13 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My 8 and 9yr still wet the bed! I tried everything! Even used a bed wetting alarm and it helped for a while, but now nothing works for either of them.
    bingogurl

Answer by bingogurl at 11:29 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• We have a family history of bed - wetting on both sides - myself as well as my spouse, It may be that she sleeps too soundly to awaken, or that she is dreaming that she is on the toilet as I did, HOWEVER, my 9 year old granddaughter was a bedwetter and her former pediatrician kept saying it was nothing to worrry about - they took her to another doctor and he was concerned and I don't want to worry you, but they found out she has kidney disease and will probably need dialysis or a transplant in the near future - take her to the doctor and insist that he/she check her thoroughly.
    mamamel61

Answer by mamamel61 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I'm not a fan of denying my kids liquids if they are thirsty so I never did that. My daughter was potty trained 100% in the day time by the time she was 3. At her 4 year check up I asked the ped about the fact that she can't make it through the night. The ped told me that it is VERY common and not their fault. Most kids bodies don't grow enough to catch up to their bladders until 5 and beyond. Once he told me that, I just went ahead and bought a pack of those overnight type pull ups and stopped worrying about it. It took maybe 6 more months and after a full dry at night week, we tossed the pull ups. She is 6 and has had maybe 2 accidents since then...and the last one was probably over a year ago. I'm doing the same with my DS4. I think people are quick to label a child a bedwetter when really, their bodies just aren't ready yet. GL.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:57 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• It varies all over the place for what is normal for wetting the bed. Some kids are 7, 8, even 10 and older before they stop. Their body has to mature and it is different for every child. Be patient.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• put her underwears for grils so like that she dont wet her bed but also talk to her doctor to see what is the problem so he or she could tell you what wrong with her also go to chruch every sunday with her god will hear your prayers well this is all god bless you and your daugher
    marivel718

Answer by marivel718 at 4:07 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Each kids is different. Use those pull ups. She will out grow it.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• my 3yr old is completly potty trained day and night..now she still has an accident from time to time and has only wet the bed 3xtimes since being potty trained ..try cutting back on liquids an hr b4 bedtime the usual going potty b4 she lays down for the night and its perfectly normal for kids her age even ones as old as 11 wetting the bed some kids are just heavey sleeper at night and if ur really concerned then talk to your doc and see what they suggest just put pull ups on at night for now...good luck!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 11:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• my 4 yr old son has the same problem i had to cut his liquids back by 2 hrs before he goes to bed sometimes he still wets the bed and its when he wakes up screaming out of a dream. its just gunna take a matter of time. good luck!
    Taken0126

Answer by Taken0126 at 2:53 PM on Apr. 12, 2011