I missed my pill a few times and now im Pregnant. Did this happen to other women, how common is this?

infor2

Asked by infor2 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I got pregnant with my son while on BC. I had a UTI and Dr put me on antibiotics and did not tell me at the time the BC would cancel out due to the med I was taking. Now I have a 16yr old son from a UTI infection. LOL
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Well if you missed some pills a few times then yes you would get pregnant because you didn't use it correctly. So it's common when don't take them.
    Anonymous

• I heard that the pill works even when you don't take them.
    Anonymous

• How could something work if you do not use it? I was on the mini pill, I took it about 70% of the time, of course I got pregnant.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 9:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Ladies- there is a reason why you have to take a pill everyday...Its only good for 24 hrs. How would it work without you taking it?
    Anonymous

• Anon. 10:02 said it right! I took mine everyday for at least 3 months straight without missing and then I missed 1 pill after that, 1 pill, and im 8 weeks pregnant today! so of course you can get pregnant missing the pill even once!
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 10:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• You have to take your pill everyday. Pregnancies while on the pill occur when a woman has missed a pill and doubles up the next time. I was told to always use a condom when/if this happens. Also, you have to take your pill within an hour and a half of the same time everyday, otherwise it won't work.
    Anonymous