Should I tell my mom?

My mom has befriended a neighbor and she uses my mom alot. But they get along really well and she gets my mom out of the house doing stuff. But none of us like tihs woman, we know she lies to my mom and she does use her alot. Mom's even said that she is a better a friend to this woman than this woman is to her, but she doesn't have a lot of friends. My dad has tried to tell her, but mom just gets mad and says he doesn't want her having any friends. Well DH works with this womans boyfriend and last night she invited JUST dh to over to her house to eat dinner with her and bf, not me and dd because apparently she doesn't like me. Dh didn't go, because he can't stand either one of them. But I think that's a crappy thing to do. I haven't said anything to my mom yet. I don't want to start a fight between them. But I really wish I could pull my mom away from this woman.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• I say let your mom live her life, you already said she knows she is a better friend to this woman then the woman is to her, let her enjoy herself, and accept that we dont always have friends others like, Im sure your mom wasnt always fond of some of your friends either. Im sure if this woman is bad enough of a friend your mom will find out on her own soon enough.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 11:11 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• No. It sounds like hearing it from your father, already has upset her. She likes this friend and if there friendship is not meant to be she will eventually find out and let her go.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• let her live her life and if and when she realizes what this woman is doing then she will befriend her until then do what u have to do.
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 11:56 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I'd leave it be. Just let her know how you feel, then drop it.
    Mommy2Max217

Answer by Mommy2Max217 at 12:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• well by talking to your mom is the only way just sit down and start talking she will understand but by getting closer to god is the only way she will stay away from that women way you your father and mother go to chrunch every sunday this will help alot well this is all god bless all of you by
    marivel718

Answer by marivel718 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• who are you to tell your mom to be friends with? YOu have no right at all it's not ur place stay out of it so what if she's living a lie if she's happy let her have that. eventually soon enough she will figure this out for herself. Live your own life have ur own friends don't worry about who she befriends that's her business.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 8:12 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I seem to be in the minority here thinking that you should tell her. If I had a friend who treated my daughter poorly, I would surely want to know about it. I value honesty and transparency though. You don't have to lead a crusade against your mom being friends with this woman, of course she can make her own choices about who to be friends with. However, telling her the facts about an action that your friend took that directly involves you is not dictating who she can be friends with. That is just sharing the truth with her. If she has the whole picture and still chooses to be friends with this woman, so be it. But, I wouldn't want my family members keeping me in the dark about the actions that a friend took that reveal his or her character. I'm not sure why telling her a fact about this woman that she doesn't know equals dictating how she lives her life in the eyes of the other moms who answered.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Bellarose0212-- Thank you. I think my question was misunderstood by a lot of people. I wasn't asking if I should tell my mom she can't be friends with this woman. I was asking if I should tell her about what this woman did.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:58 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• well what you should do is take her to chrunch where you and her and your father stay close to god well this is all god bless you all
    marivel718

Answer by marivel718 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2011