My 22 month old boy,

hardly says anything..... and I am starting to get concerned. His now 3 year old sister was a late talker but she was at least saying mama, dada, hi, bye, no, yea, and nite nite by now.... Robbie is only saying hi, yea, and nite nite right now and even then you have to listen close to understand it....he does bable a lot I just dont know what to do for him to get him talking...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my sons a lot like this, he is finally starting to say more, and he is now almost 25 months. My daughter spoke really early, by the time she was his age she was speaking in full sentences. My son has difficulties saying a lot of words too, but it is finally getting a bit better, so hopefully in time it will for your son too. They all do things in there own time, but I can understand being worried, I have been about my son too.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 11:16 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My son isn't talking at all and his 2 1/2 if u sons Dr isn't worry u shouldn't worry
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 12:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Einstein didn't talk until he was 4 :) Have you asked you doctor what he thinks?
    wyldflowrr_6

Answer by wyldflowrr_6 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• my twin boys are 16 months and say mama, dada, hi, bye, thank you, bubba, grandma, and nana...I would ask his doctor and see what they say and i would keep working with him and he will get it i wish you the best of luck.
    19withtwins

Answer by 19withtwins at 6:06 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My son was the same way and i was starting to get worried. Then out of nowhere he started gabbing away. Talk to your pediatrician though and see what he thinks
    k.raine

Answer by k.raine at 6:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Try flash cards and remember to tell him the names of things as your go through the day. I have a little guy I take care of that is 20 months and can talk but say few words mostly mama, book ball & num num for food drink and sometime I can't figure out what he is pointing to. I have found if I force the issue he clams up, but we are making some progress.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 12:07 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• If your 3 yr. old is baby talking to him that def. has alot of an effect to your son, reason i say this is because my 6 yr. old step brother is now suffering and going to speech therapy because his older brothers and sisters baby talked him best thing to do is read to him sit him down and watch educational shows such as sesame street, your baby can read etc. and talk to him like you would to others if it persists then you will more than likely need a speech therapist as well talk to your pediatrician and get more advice. GL
    Kaleena8108

Answer by Kaleena8108 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• In my experience, the oldest (of three) talked the earliest and the most.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:05 PM on Apr. 12, 2011