Extended rear facing carseat question?

I am looking for some info on car seats. My son will be one in a few weeks and he is over 20 lbs. I think I want to keep him rear facing but I want a seat that I can turn around eventually. Any guidance would be useful. Thanks.

TrevorsMommy03

Asked by TrevorsMommy03 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Any convertable seat would work. Stay away from the Graco ComfortSport. It is a very short seat.
    The Britax Boulevard & Marathon are wonderful as is the First Years True Fit. If those are out of your budged, the Cosco Scenera is around 50 dollars. Check out Car Seat Safety group here on cafemom for more info!
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 9:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• most of the ones you buy at this stage can still start out rear facing. I bought an eddie bauer one that is rear and front facing however we couldn't secure it in the rear position so keep your receipt. We ended up having to start him front facing at 11 months because they wouldn't let me return it and I could not get it secure enough rear facing. Good luck
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• We got the Evenflo Triumph for our son after he grew out of his infant carrier and it fits perfect in our Intrepid but no so much in a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Somehow I guess because of the seat belt his carseat will tilt over to one side while he's in it no matter how tight we try to secure it. His car seat also has a little cup holder and snack holder that he loves to play with. My son will be 1 in 13 days and he's been in this seat since he was about 9 months because he was so tall. 31 inches at 9 month checkup. I'm pretty sure you can keep him rearfacing up until 35 pounds if they're not too tall for it by then.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 8:58 AM on Dec. 1, 2008