WHY DO SOME MEN ONLY WANT ONE CHILD

MY HUSBAND ONLY WANTS ONE CHILD BUT I WANT ANOTHER BABY AND MY SON IS 3 YEARS OLD AND I THINK HE NEEDS A PLAYMATE

cola22

Asked by cola22 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Probably for the same reason some women only want one baby, just a personal preference.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 11:14 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• idk, we have 3 and hubby says he would like one or two more. Sit down and talk to him about how you feel.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:28 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• WELL HE TELLS ME THAT HE WANTS TO SPOIL MY SON BUT IM LIKE HE IS THREE NOW HOW MUCH MORE CAN YOU DO FOR HIM; HE LOVES EVERYTHING THAT YOU GIVE HIM BUT I JUST WANT A BABY FOR ME B-C HE IS A DADDY BOY
    cola22

Comment by cola22 (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Because they just do.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Why do some want 20 kids? Why do some women, like me, want only 1? It is a personal preference. And I am sorry, but wanting another baby for you because your son is a daddy's boy is NOT a reason to have another one.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Seems like an odd question to ask a bunch of women anyway I imagine the reasons vary depending on the man. Might be financial, might be preference...
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:52 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Did you have trouble getting pregnant or any health scares during pregnancy or delivery? I know people that decide not to have more kids because they were worried about what would happen with the next pregnancy.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• For my husband it is financial for sure. We are in the middle of lowering a child support payment that has been taking half of every paycheck for about 6 years now. He is always worried about the money side of things. I always get the same thing from him, "IF we get this chld support worked out, IF we can get into a house, IF we can get a better car, IF we have some extra money in the bank, THEN MAYBE we can try for another one....but it's a big IF!" We have always found a way to provide for our other 2 children and I know we would find a way to take care of baby #3, but I do understand where he is coming from. Men have a need to be feel that they are giving the best financial care for their family. Alot of men are scared that having more children will take away from their ability to do this.
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Maybe it has to do with financial issues. He may be scared that he cannot provide for another child as well as he would like to.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:24 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• yeah my hubby wants one too!!
    Shefali83

Answer by Shefali83 at 1:34 PM on Apr. 10, 2011